Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeff Rosenstock - POST- (January 1st, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Bomb has a lot more interesting stuff going on in terms of structure and all that but Jeff's writing on the solo stuff is much better/focused imo

2. Shrek

i still think "To Be a Ghost..." might be my fav Jeff song ever.

Joe4th likes this.
  3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

vacation and worry are still my favorite things he's ever done, but this is pretty good

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Eh, I think Scrambles/Adults/Vacation is a high point in his lyrical writing as well

electro haikus likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

i trust both of your opinions so ill get on that. any particular place to start? i really love Vacation but theres so much material that BTMI has that its kind of overwhelming to look at. just start from the beginning and go forward maybe?

electro haikus likes this.
  6. Shrek

i was criminally underexposed to Bomb until We Cool? came out so i'll leave those suggestions to the professionals

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah, I got into them right when Get Warmer dropped so I listened to that a lot and then went back to their first 3. There's a lot of obnoxious ass music thrown in with the gems but they're all worth listening to at least once all the way through.

Album Minus Band has:
    It Ceases to Be ‘Whining’ If You’re Still ‘Shitting Blood
    Sweet Home Canada
    Future 86

To Leave or Die in Long Island has:
    Stand There Until You’re Sober
    Syke! Life is Awesome!

And Goodbye Cool World! is probably worth listening to in full more than once. Few great songs on that one. Get Warmer, Scrambles, Adults and Vacation are all amazing

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My opinion means nothing but I started listening like 6 months back and Adults+Get Warmer are my favorites but yeah everything's good so listening front to back is good

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely a high point. Worry may be his best lyrical content but those 3 albums are incredibly strong as well

10. CoffeeEyes17

your opinion means everything 2 me

11. CoffeeEyes17

ill get right on it then ty

12. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Jeff really did hit his stride with BTMI when he had: Scrambles/Adults!!!/Vacation

GCW is the best one after that then AMB& TLADILI, then GW. Get Warmer wasn’t really for me but I Don’t Love You Anymore is a goat BTMI song

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Adults is probably my favorite BTMI album that isn't Vacation. I would honestly check that out, and then just start from the beginning and go through each album. They all have some really good stuff on them.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'll also always love this song

Joe4th and Rob Hughes like this.
  15. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Relistening to Scrambles and Shut Up The Punx is the best BTMI song gahd damnnnnn

fame likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Adults is his best work, melodically and lyrically

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Always been an underrated BTMI track

Rob Hughes likes this.
  18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

great follow-up to Worry. not sure if I'll love it as much as Worry or anything, but this feels like a grower and I still love it on the first listen. "USA" and "Let Them Win" are both super weird, but I love them.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

So the chanting towards the end of USA, are they saying "F U USA" or "Et tu, USA"?

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I started w the beginning, and I liked Album minus Band but unless I'm listening to the whole discog, the earliest I tend to reach for is to leave or die in long island. They're all great to excellent but Album Minus Band is mostly just good, if that makes sense.

This rules but I need to give it more listens cause it feels like there's a lot to unpack

21. Worry is Jeff’s best album by a gigantic margin

JBoch and Jim like this.
  22. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I’m Too Coooool For Music on AMB tho

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Made a playlist to listen to his shit from BTMI - onward in chronological order. AMB has some fucking jams, man. Does Your Face Hurt is catchy as hell too.

CoffeeEyes17 and Joe4th like this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Idk I just think it's all necessary, like while I have personal favorites each album is good for that time in the world's/the band's/the fans' lives and it all works together cohesively without meaning to? I could probably phrase it better than that but while I can pick some favorites I don't have the guts to outright say something is the best out of his/BTMI's discogrpahy

EmmanuelSCastle and Joe4th like this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

First song I ever heard by them and what got me into them!

Rob Hughes likes this.