Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeff Rosenstock - POST- (January 1st, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by OhTheWater, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yes, everything Jeff puts out is good

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Every single album he's been a part of, especially BTMI albums, are the best

3. fame

i thought this was chorus.FM?? Prestigious

beat
    beat
    beat
    beat
    beating my head against a wall

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Worry is the best album of 2016

kyle likes this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I reckon this isn't a full album cover of the Bjork classic

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Worry has been the best thing Jeff put out and I got to see him perform it front to back a couple weeks ago, one of the best shows I’ve been to. Was wondering how he’d follow it up and was so happy for the New Years suprise. Listened to it twice so far and holy fuck is it a solid record. Already pre-ordered the limited vinyl... USA and Let Them Win rank as some of his best songs.

Cameron likes this.
  7. cwhit

up on streaming

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Geez this is wild

9. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This is my favorite of his solo albums after one listen, although I haven't spent a whole lot of time with the others

Gonna probably give this another listen and maybe go for a morning walk or something

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The lyrics on this are really great but I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the melodies. Usually there's a bunch of songs that stick out to me right away in that regard, and this one is a little lacking. Will most likely grow on me, tho. Jeff is the best.

EDIT:
    Actually nevermind, Melba is that song and 9/10 and TV Stars are both super crushing. This is great.

11. cwhit

i feel similarly about the melodies but i also remember feeling that on my first listen of worry. this album definitely feels like it was pushed out, which i don't feel is meant to be a negative, but it's much more raw and less carefully crafted. though i'm sure that'll opinion will change very very soon, it already is haha.

12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Really, really liking this.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Almost every album Jeff puts out takes some time to grow on me, and I always end up loving it after some time. I'm sure this will be the same way. So far TV Stars and 9/10 are my favorites right off the bat.

tucah and cwhit like this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Before I first listened I was reading what Jeff wrote about it and sort of set my expectation that it would be more raw and simple in terms of production. But I definitely don't think it comes off that way. I saw someone mention that he was surprised that they recorded this in only three days but then again I'm sure there are BTMI albums recorded in less amount of time.

15. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It might have been recorded quickly but he’s had these songs written for a while, I remember him playing 9/10 at an acoustic show in feb 2017 and Melba was in a different live video I saw at some point too.

16. cwhit

were you at the NYE pup show? did jeff play any of these new ones?

17. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Just put this on for its first spin. Pumped!

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Glad it's on Spotify so I can peep my first new album that releases this year. Feels cool that it's Jeff

19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I can’t stop listening to this and the more I listen the better it gets.

Only issue I have and I’ve noticed it less the more I listen but there were certain parts where the recording sounds blown out.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Unfortunately I wasn’t there. If I was still home in NJ I would have been all over that. :P

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Jeff was the one who said if a song is over four minutes, it better have to be, right? Cause it's so cool to hear his idea of what has to be there with these long songs

A-Punk, ECV, electro haikus and 2 others like this.
  22. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

I know he played 9/10 for sure, and he played another new one, but I’m not sure. It was either Melba or TV Dreams, can’t recall.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  23. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

what a fucking moment to wake up and realize this is a thing that exists. i'm right there in thinking WORRY was 2016's finest record, and this is a flawless follow-up. i really love it so much already after two listens.

24. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

This is probably my second favorite solo record from him, right behind We Cool? and slightly ahead of Worry.

i should really listen to more BTMI aside from Vacation

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

oh absolutely. I don't think that any of his solo albums come close to some of the brilliance on the BTMI albums, tbh. And I love Worry

EmmanuelSCastle and CoffeeEyes17 like this.