Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jeff Bezos Reveals Extortion Attempt from National Enquirer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jeff Bezos:

Well, that got my attention. But not in the way they likely hoped. Any personal embarrassment AMI could cause me takes a back seat because there’s a much more important matter involved here. If in my position I can’t stand up to this kind of extortion, how many people can? (On that point, numerous people have contacted our investigation team about their similar experiences with AMI, and how they needed to capitulate because, for example, their livelihoods were at stake.)

Holy shit. After reading this piece, my first thought was this scene from The Dark Knight.

justin. likes this.
  2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

What a strange strange strange world we live in.

Raku likes this.
  3. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is crazy and all BUT

Watching 2 seconds of TDK made me wanna watch it tonight.

4. BradBradley

Regular

2019 is shaping up to be just as, if not more, surreal than 2017 and 2018.

Raku likes this.
  5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Nit Pick: What does he have to make up a word like "complexifier"? Why can't he just say something like, "...what makes this more complex is..."

Story is sensational. Can't believe our current POTUS is siding with National Inquirer on this.