Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jay-Z Tops the Charts Again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jay-Z once again has the number one album in the country:

4:44 sold 61,000 in traditional album sales in its second week (down 65 percent from 173,000). The album was also down in streaming and track equivalencies, falling 72 percent in SEA units (22,000 — down from 82,000) and 52 percent in TEA units (3,000 — down from 7,000).

2. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

I'm real happy for Jay an all but THE MENZINGERS RELEASED THE GREATEST ALBUM OF 2k17

Michael Qualiano and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Converge has yet to release their record. I think Converge, Julien Baker, and Noah Gundersen are the only releases that can take a stab at After the Party!

4. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm looking forward to all of those to some degree but I don't think they'll touch ATP - Manchester Orchestra and Turnover are the only confirmed releases that have an outside shot of overtaking ATP for me

Michael Qualiano likes this.
  5. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

I didn't know Turnover was releasing a new one! Not everyone's cup of tea but I already thought the new Converge record would be massive but after hearing these new tracks, I am completely floored. So good. I will say though, there are about 4-5 tracks on After the Party that are some of the best they have ever written even topping On the Impossible Past (as controversial as that might be on this site).