Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jay-Z - 4:44 (June 30,2017) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

2. Signifire Jul 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 5, 2017)
    Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

3. Aaron Mook Jul 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2017)
    Also that $20 million wasn't a handout but apparently the standard advance from Live Nation for the Saint Pablo tour. Obviously still a huge amount of money haha

4. The Lucky Moose Jul 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 5, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Jay Z hasn't been involved with Def Jam for years. If anything those 20 million were linked to a Tidal deal.

Also, a million copies of MCHG were sold to Samsung, which is why it was a guaranteed platinum album before release. That is not the case here.

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I really don't think he's done 1.5 billion streams already. Those Sprint album downloads must have counted, I got one of them.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  6. The Lucky Moose

Yes those too then. I wasn't aware they gave downloads away. This whole rollout hasn't been very smooth has it, haha.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah, it was confirmed that the numbers are a mix of streams and Sprint downloads

8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The Lucky Moose and Signifire like this.
  9. irthesteve

So identical to the Samsung thing, haha...

10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Gotta give it to him for making all that money but I wonder how many traditional album sales he would have in 2017 without gimmicks

FTank likes this.
  11. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

The album seemed to be doing really well regardless of this but yeah definitely not THIS well

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Hope do you get the download? I thought the Sprint promotion was just the free 6 months of Tidal

13. The Lucky Moose

14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

There was a Tidal link that let you download with a code (where the code was just SPRINT and pretty widely spread around so anyone could get a free copy, Sprint user or not)

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Hmm I didn't get anything from Sprint. Luckily I found the link though

16. The Lucky Moose

Sprint owns like 30% of Tidal and you guys don't get a permanent subscription? T-Mobile has been paying for my Spotify subscription for years, haha.

17. I didn't know TMobile had a partnership with Spotify. That's awesome they cover your subscription.

18. The Lucky Moose

They don't, it was just a promotion at some point

19. Got confused, it was actually Live Nation. Not sure what the connection would be to Jay/Roc Nation though

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

tucah likes this.
  21. tucah Jul 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2017)
    tucah

not champ Prestigious

Out on Apple Music/iTunes and the three bonus tracks from the physical are out there too: Adnis, Blue Freestyle/We Family (what the above is from), MaNyfaCedGod (which is the James Blake track)

22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Going to finally listen to this now that it's up on Apple Music.

skogsraet likes this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

After starting with Reasonable Doubt a little over a week ago, I have now heard everything through Dynasty, so all of his 90's stuff. It's really fucking great for the most part, aside from some filler on pretty much all of them except RD. So far I'd go

RD>Vol 3>Vol 2>D:RLF>Vol 1

I'm aware it's generally thought that 2 is better than 3 but I just enjoyed the latter slightly more, which makes me glad I decided to go chronologically and not skip anything like I said. Can't wait to listen to The Blueprint tonight

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. irthesteve

Does TIDAL have those three tracks now too? I would find it extremely weird to give bonus tracks to literally anywhere other than TIDAL at this point for Jay

25. Really surprised this came over to Apple services. Pretty sure that last Dre album still isn't on Spotify.