Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jay-Z - 4:44 (June 30,2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 18, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

NSFW

2. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I think Vol 1 is highly underrated and better as a whole than Vol 2. Unfortunately, Sunshine and (especially) I Know What Girls Like really disrupt the flow of the album.

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

444.tidal.com

Use "Sprint" as the code and get a free legal download of the album without having tidal!

4. George

Trusted Prestigious

Vol.2 is just so long. There's one hell of a single album in there, but like most double albums (for me), the two hour commitment isn't worth it.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

You're thinking of The Blueprint 2

George likes this.
  6. George

Trusted Prestigious

Haha shit you're absolutely right. My bad!

tdlyon likes this.
  7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Hate to see that.

9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Damn, if TIDAL really didn't pay him then that's pretty fucked

beachdude42 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  10. The Lucky Moose Jul 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2017)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I have posted about this album in the Hip Hop thread before, so I'll just repeat it here: 4:44 is amazing. Really, really good. It's exactly what I wanted from Jay. It's my favorite relesse of his since The Black Album.

I don't understand some of the backlash the production is getting. I think it's great and exactly what this album needed. No I.D. is a genious. There is also a lot of praise for the production out there though so apparently it's divisive.

Also, this is great:

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

Anybody else able to do this? Every time I click the link it just redirects me back to the tidal homepage : (

12. I think they fixed it. I don't think it was supposed to be available to everyone, haha.

13. Not working for me either.

14. Jay definitely sounds conversational here. The lyrics aren't bad (although I side-eyed that line in "The Story of OJ" pretty hard). I just think it's funny how mismatched the energy feels here...the beats are at like, a 9, and Jay sounds like he's at a 6 lol

Regardless, this is good and will probably continue to grow on me. That "Smile" beat is pure sunshine

15. The Lucky Moose

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

lol Snoop

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Gave this a second listen today and I think it's a really great album.

18. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

take my opinion with a grain of salt considering I just listened to my first full jay z album last month (reasonable doubt), but I love this. The length of the album makes for perfect listening. His lyrics are on point pretty much through the whole thing.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

4:44 went platinum already

20. FTank, Matt Chylak and Aaron Mook like this.
  21. The Lucky Moose

No, that was how the Samsung deal worked though

22. Ok I'll admit it - this album is p good

Matt Chylak and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. The Lucky Moose

Jay's like my #2 of all time and I love it too. Probably number four on my list of favorite Jay Z albums, which doesn't sound impressive, but it is, haha.

24. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

I'm enjoying it a lot too. Jay has been one of my favorite rappers since The Blueprint came out. I'll admit that most of his albums have some filler on them, but I enjoy the majority of all of them.

It's too early for me to properly place this, but it's definitely in the top half of his discography. Behind RD, Blueprint, Black Album, and American Gangster for sure, but might sit solidly at number 5.

25. The Lucky Moose

I want to take this opportunity to say Streets Is Watching is an underrated Jay Z album that isn't actually a Jay Z album