Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jay-Z - 4:44 (June 30,2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 18, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Not very optimistic for this as someone who really only LOVES Reasonable Doubt, The Blueprint, and Black Album as full albums... maybe he still has it in him, but I'm not too hopeful.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It's fun to go back and listen to his classics from time to time when he releases some new garbage. I think he's more than earned the legacy and reputation he has

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Seems like some Sprint stores will be having a premiere of this at 11PM eastern, then will be up at midnight on Tidal.

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

so 10 tracks, we're getting somewhere....

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Out on Tidal

[​IMG]

1. Kill Jay Z
    2. The Story of O.J.
    3. Smile (ft. Gloria Carter)
    4. Caught Their Eyes (ft. Frank Ocean)
    5. 4:44
    6. Family Feud
    7. Bam (ft. Damian Marley)
    8. Moonlight
    9. Marcy Me
    10. Legacy

irthesteve likes this.
  7. irthesteve

Frank and Damian, awesome

8. irthesteve

more uncredited features according to Wikipedia, interesting co writes too!!

9. beachdude

This is pretty cool honestly. Not a classic or anything but easily his best in quite a while to me.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. irthesteve

On first listen, this is probably my least favorite album of his since like... Kingdom Come

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow was not expecting this to be so short

12. Andre likes it.

So does bball twitter.

13. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

He's rhyming in a way that's totally different from the rest of his discography.

14. Kanye fans are mad though it seems.

Anthony_D'Elia and JRGComedy like this.

15. Damn.

16. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Jay Z was one of my first favorite rappers, I wanna hear this so bad but it's never gonna come out outside of Tidal is it?

17. Music twitter is more on debating if they can call it a classic yet or not ATM.

FTank likes this.
  18. irthesteve

The Kanye lines are definitely sad to see, but I think it says a lot that they come off way more as disappointment, like a father would have, rather than anger or beef/feud

19. irthesteve

Lyrically this album is extremely heavy and emotional, he unpacks a ton here that's really intense. Definitely his most emotional in a long, long while. His delivery and flow feels a bit weird to me, kinda feels less emotional over the emotional lyrics. The "empty"-feeling production is definitely a bit off-putting, but as the album went on I came around to it a bit more, more listens will definitely be useful for this album

20. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

This album wasn't very good tbh.

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

In legitimate shock at the overwhelming positive consensus, psyched to listen

FTank likes this.
  23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've fucked with most of this on my way to work. Not listening to closely but there's a few dumbass lines throughout. Hov sounds good at least

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. beachdude

"Ain't no such thing as an ugly billionaire, I'm cute" lmao

25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This really kills the album for me. Some of the lyrics were really cringe-y too.