Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (Kevin Smith) • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

the beginning was awful. If I hadn't been playing a baseball video game I would have shut it off.

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I’d say every 9th joke in this movie made me laugh which is pretty much what I expected after finding the trailer painful. I don’t know how Smith keeps getting worse as a screenwriter but holy hell.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I wish I laughed even that often

4. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Also watched it this week and it was definitely bad but I still kind of enjoyed it. Definitely don't understand how his screenwriting has deteriorated so much - the dialogue in the first half was so bad. But overall the second half was much better and even if more jokes fell flat than not I'll still take an occasional 90 minutes in the askewniverse for how much I loved these movies when I was 15. I'll defend Clerks, Mallrats, and Zack & Miri forever. Chasing Amy and Clerks 2 are also solid.

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Is this streaming somewhere?

6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I know Kevin has a big fandom and he's basically making movies exclusively for them at this point, but this is hardly even a movie. It's just a series of references to his previous work

The second half is tolerable, the first half is soooo bad.

chewbacca110 and Zilla like this.
  8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

first scene is so cringeworthy. give it like half hour

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I can't bring myself to watch this. I'm a massive Kevin Smith fan but also been sober for 5 years so if I ever decide to become a stoner again i'll try to put myself through this.

10. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I think when Jay says "those pizza making fucks" in regards to Saban films (getting confused with Sabaro Pizza) made me laugh hard. And a few other one liners. Fuck your plain Joelene. Hulu and Hump (Netflix and chill)

11. Fuck Kevin James! Kevin can wait!

chewbacca110 and NJPunkMusic like this.
  12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think the only time I legitimately laughed was when they woke up in New Orleans and are like

"Where are we?"
    "New Orleans"
    and Jay goes "We're in fuckin' Connecticut??"

Mcrx, chewbacca110 and NJPunkMusic like this.
  13. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

My friend referred to it as Kevin Smith throwing his own "This is your life" party. I think that summed it up well.

I Am Mick likes this.
  14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I watched Madness in the Method this week (directed by/starring Jason and a ton of Smith regulars) and it's so much better than Reboot. Not a masterpiece by any stretch, a lot of really cheap looking stuff, but I was shocked by how entertained I was. A solid dark comedy

Orla and riotspray like this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

silentjay and Serh like this.
  16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

come on man he just started posting here!

17. silentjay

Haha I actually haven't even seen the reboot yet, and the reactions here confirm what I expect about it. But I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually.

18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

is there anyone here whose username is just @bob?

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

guess not

20. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That was wholesome and I appreciated it.

Orla, Colby Searcy and I Am Mick like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

that would have been nice like a month ago. Still fun.

23. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I wonder if Kev made that because a lot of people have been calling him out because they don't think he's been using his platform enough. I disagree with this, especially because he's made his political beliefs very apparent on his Fatman Beyond podcast with Marc Bernardin, but I'm happy he made it.

Henry is right though - it's too bad that video didn't drop sooner.

24. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

it dropped like a week or more before the election...

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I saw the movie. Don’t know what to think of it yet