Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (Kevin Smith) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 12, 2019.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah way more excited for Clerks 3 once that was announced. Sure I'll find things to enjoy in this but expectations are rock bottom lol

2. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I just plan on getting super stoned before hand and enjoying the cameos and callbacks enough that it'll be 90 minutes well spent.

3. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

They had the double feature option for tomorrow or Thursday with the original playing beforehand but I cant sit through the original again after atleast seeing it 25 times

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Jay just has a way of making me laugh.

5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

There isn't an AMC playing this anywhere near me. The closest one is the AMC at CityWalk, and as much as I love Kevin I'm not driving from west LA to CityWalk on a week night to catch this. I think I'm fine with waiting for a larger release once the screening tour hits LA.

6. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I'm shocked the tour has mostly sold out, considering how ridiculously expensive tickets were.

NJPunkMusic and riotspray like this.
  7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I actually loved this haha.

Ted Underhill and Mr. taint

HATER TOTS! FILLED WITH...HAAAATE!

JaytotheGee, Aaron Mook and kyle like this.
  8. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Basically what I expected, but pleasantly surprised at the heart in this movie. The first half fell flat for me until they got to Hollywood.
    I'm not going to spoil much since its night 1, but I feel like the plot twist at end was just thrown together and I also didnt love how much actual Kevin Smith (not Silent Bob) was in it

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. Being a Kevin Smith fan is kind of like being a Weezer fan. There's been a lot of ups and a lot of downs, but growing up with his work, it's almost just comforting to know he's still at it. I would say this missed about as often as it hit, but I also pretty much smiled throughout the entire thing. It's a shell of what's come before, but the heart is still there, and that was enough for me. I had a lot of fun.

Fuck Kevin James! Kevin can wait!

10. Much like the rest of the movie, the meta stuff was definitely hit or miss

My precious podcasting ears!!

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  11. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Affleck was the bomb in reboot yo!
    Seriously though, he killed it

12. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

One question, I thought the Quick Stop burnt down the first scene of Clerk 2. Why was Dante there to open it? I havent seen Clerks 2 in a decade so maybe they rebuilt it at the end?

13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

kinda bummed I flaked out on going last night - may try again tomorrow if I can just sneak in after J&SBSB

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

end of clerks 2 they decide to buy it and re-open it, ending shot is them back behind the counter and it begins fading to black and white and a soul asylum song comes on

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

thank you! I totally remember that now and Soul Assulym starts playing as an ode to the original!

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I actually enjoyed this a lot, very surprising lol

Stoked for Clerks 3

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this was much better than expected haha

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wow very happy to hear this!

19. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I already want to see this again

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

This popped up in my feed, good speeches by Ben, Harley, Jay, and Kevin

BornToRun likes this.
  21. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Finally got to see this today. It was fun.

23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

coleslawed, Mcrx and riotspray like this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This guy must have hundreds of scripts laying around.