Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (Kevin Smith) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This looks like a contender for worst movie of the year.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  2. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

see that's the problem, I hate suspense movies. Its not enjoyable to sit and watch a movie on the edge of my seat with anxiety in my head the entire time. I'm just a whimp, but man enough to admit it lol

Davjs likes this.
  3. Davjs

Trusted

Haha that's fair!

4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

BAHAHAHAHA has anyone looked at the rebootroadshow.com website? VIP experience is $750+ for a ticket to see movie, photo op and meet and greet. Its Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith, not Paul and Ringo.

General $50.00 ($53.49 w/service fee) 165 Sales begin on
    Jul 19, 2019 10:00 AM America/New_York
    VIP Photo Op Experience $200.00 ($210.99 w/service fee) 24 Sales begin on
    Jul 19, 2019 1:00 PM America/New_York
    Early Entry for show, Take a picture with Kevin & Jay, One commemorative VIP laminate, Ultra Exclusive VIP collectable merchandise item - handed out on site
    VIP Meet & Greet Experienc $750.00 ($788.49 w/service fee) 6 Sales begin on
    Jul 19, 2019 1:00 PM America/New_York
    Early Entry for show, One on One time with Kevin & Jay, Take a picture with Kevin & Jay, One commemorative VIP laminate, Ultra Exclusive VIP collectable merchandise item - handed out on site

thedrudo, riotspray and Zilla like this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This doesn't look good....... meh....ill still see it

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I will definitely see this movie and almost definitely not like it much.

7. Nathan

It’ll be better than Cats though

coleslawed likes this.
  8. simonthebutler

Regular

I didn't laugh once during that trailer, not even sure if there were attempts at jokes it was that unfunny. Just "oh, thats (insert actor here) oh that's (insert actor here), oh he's put his daughter in a main role in another one of his films (this one could make sense plot wise at least)

Zilla likes this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

I’ll see it cause I love Kevin. It’s amazing how he can literally make me cry laughing on Smodcast but his writing makes me cringe.

iiiii623498 likes this.
  10. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Horrific trailer. Can't believe it's been 20 years since Smith released a film I thought was actually good.

11. That looks...ouch... Recycling the same jokes from Jay and silent Bob Strike Back are gonna fall flat, big time. I’ll watch it but definitely not in theaters.

12. Is Justin Long’s character from Zack and Miri? I’m excited for that cameo.

13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

SURE AS HECK LOOKS LIKE IT!!!! That makes me happy.

The rest of the trailer was meh, I did chuckle at the Redman Method Man part though. That opening scene though with Jay running out and his junk tucked in just set the trailer up to be terrible. Like it was just stupuid, uncalled for, and not nearly as funny as him doing it in Clerks 2. The set up was ok with the cops, but then once he drops his pants its just embarrising. Like I showed my girlfriend (never seen a View Askew movie) and she was already not interested once that happened. And every other word in the trailer is a cussword.

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Ok but Treshelle Edmond is in it?! So it can’t be all bad just by default.

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I can only pray Bill & Dead Face The Music is better than this. Granted I havent seen this movie yet and I will, just this trailer scares me

16. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It looks like a jay and silent bob movie. Not sure what y’all were expecting haha

17. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I mean I cant really argue with this statement. I guess since I've aged much from 17 to 35 since the original J&SBSB came out, the humor is just not there. #oldmanstatus

Davjs likes this.
  18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I feel like I will laugh at this a decent amount and enjoy all the cameos.

I also feel like I'll probably watch this once and it will make The Hangover 2 look inspired by comparison

Davjs likes this.
  19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Growth. Good jokes. Literally anything to say Kevin Smith hasn’t completely lost it.

20. Dog with a Blog

That’s what I’d hope, not what I’d expect

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Nathan

Kevin Smith is a funny, well meaning enough guy that I have enough history with as a fan where I think the movie will probably do one or two things that make me feel good. Kevin Smith as a filmmaker hasn’t seemed to have anything to say since what, Dogma? When’s the last time he seemed to be trying when making a movie? Red State? Expectations should rightfully be low

coleslawed, Davjs and justin. like this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I loved Clerks 2. I wish he could've made 3 instead.

Is Mallrats still going to be a thing or did that get scrapped too?

Davjs likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would recommend seeing Kevin and Jason live. I saw them in 2012 and thought their skits that night were funnier than any film.

24. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

scrapped a while ago. was going to bea movie, but then a series called Mall-brats and revolve around the main characters from the originals kids as well as cameos from originals.. shopped around to a bunch of streaming services, but no one wanted to pick it up so smith threw in the towel

Davjs likes this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

hoooly shit this looks bad lol