Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jawbreaker Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21 Apr 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 21, 2017)
    AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Whats everyone's favorite Jawbreaker album?

Obviously mine is Unfun. Only bc it was the first album I heard from them and was introduced to. My favorite song on there is Seethruskin. Its always reminded me of older Alkaline Trio.

2. Dear You

3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

DEAR YOU hell yeah. But 24 Hour Revenge Therapy also is sometimes the fav, they're interchangeable really. Today is Dear You. I will say Unfun is probably my least listened to album, been literal years. Favorite off of Dear You miiiight be Sluttering or Bad Scene.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

24hrt

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I think Bivouac is also really special though, a weird album among weird albums. Don't think they ever got that dark or heavy (in places) again. The title track is killer. "BIVOUAC!"

6. Dear You. Forever.

7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Dear You could've been the soundtrack and script to a teen movie ala SLC Punk or something and I love that. Each song is a nearly perfect scene or vignette

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. I'm one of those few weird people that like Bivouac the best. 24HRT is great too though. The other two records I like but not quite as much.

Adonis Griffin likes this.
  9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I never felt like any of the albums was a weird answer to "favorite Jawbreaker album" because I've heard all of them said at some point. 24hrt used to be heard the most but I think things have shifted towards Dear You now. What doesn't grab you as much about the other two? Jw @DaydreamNation

10. I like this band more when they have a little harder edge I think that's all

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I gotcha. The title track alone is one of their best.

Open question, does anyone listen to Bivouac in its original 9 track form over the 13 track version with the Chesterfield King stuff?

12. I have but I like the CK stuff so much that I'm fine with it being mixed in with the original album. I really really like the song CK being so much closer to the front in the ordering too so I tend to favor the 13 track version for that reason as well.

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I've literally never listened to the 9 track version and I really can't tell which tracks aren't ""supposed"" to be there. I can't imagine that album without any of those songs

DaydreamNation likes this.
  14. razorburn

Trusted

I do.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

16. razorburn May 4, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2017)
    razorburn

Trusted

17. razorburn

Trusted

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

DID NOT know Jesse Lacey covered this.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

21. CstSnow Jul 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2017)
    CstSnow

Regular Supporter

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Omg yes

23. razorburn

Trusted

24. razorburn

Trusted

Goosebumps.

25. razorburn

Trusted

Someone filmed the whole set.

bd007h, Kingjohn_654, fame and 2 others like this.