Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jawbreaker Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. my jaw(breaker) is STILL on the floor! i can't believe they're reuniting! PRAYING that this isn't just a one-off show. give us a tour!

2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

WHAT

i am genuinely considering going to Chicago for this holy fuck what a dream

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I 100% would've thought Jets to Brazil would've reunited before Jawbreaker ever did

4. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

They basically said a year ago they had gotten together and talked about it.

5. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I remember, and I was honestly shocked then too but didn't think anything of it considering it didn't happen. This was up there with the Smiths for me on the list of bands I didn't think would get back together

6. devenstonow

Noobie

Listened to Dear You for the first time in forever today and damn, that album REALLY holds up well. Probably better than any pre-Clarity/STWHA album off the top of my head

7. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Maybe there is a god.

8. Said all my girls they smoke these things, and handed you a Chesterfield King

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. *chicks sorry friends

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Collins

Trusted

I guess I just assumed it was never going to happen, damn this is crazy

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I think I can swing this if I save up for a cheap place to stay for a few days tbh. Getting to and from will be hard tho. I wanna think about this but the longer I think the more likely it's not even an option

12. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

I remember back on AP there was this huge thread about a mystery band reuniting and I always had this irrational hope that it was going to be Jawbreaker up until it was revealed to be the Early November (I Think?) So happy it's finally happening, now fingers crossed that they at least come to the west coast, I mean they HAVE to play San Francisco with all of their history there.

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Play my basement, Jawbreaker

coleslawed likes this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

What?

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 4.24.36 PM.png

15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

omg

16. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I bet we get a new Jawbreaker record before Brand New.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I'd prefer that.

18. razorburn

Trusted

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  19. I meeeeean that must be sarcastic right?

right?!?!

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think it's so strange that nobody really questioned him further haha.

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Life is unreal it's like I woke up in the twilight zone where 2017 isn't dog shit

22. I'm not too confident that a 2017 Jawbreaker album would be as top notch as their stuff from 20+ years ago. Although that would most likely mean a tour, which is what I'm most interested in.

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I disagree simply because Blake has been doing great music in the interim years, first with Jets to Brazil and then with Forgetters. I would be more skeptical if all three were completely out for all those years. But also if it wasn't good that's cool too, they gave it a try and I'll still listen to their other albums

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I am interested in both a new album and a tour.