Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jawbreaker Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by suburban myth, Mar 10, 2016.

1. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

This is, in my opinion, one of the most important bands of all-time in regards to their influence on the bands that came after them. What are your favorite jawbreaker tunes?

Fine Day, Eye-5, Shield Your Eyes, Sleep, The Boat Dreams From The Hill, Outpatient, I Love You So Much It's Killing Us Both, Accident Prone, Sluttering, Basilica, Split, Sea Foam Green... just to name a few.

2. "Accident Prone" is among my all-time favorite songs. It's perfection.

bradsonemanband and bd007h like this.
  3. suburban myth

That guitar at the beginning is so "dark." I dunno how they could have followed-up Dear You... it almost seems like them breaking up after that was supposed to happen.

bd007h likes this.
  4. The guitar tones on that whole album are really great. Listening to it now for the first time in a bit.

5. suburban myth

I agree completely about the tones - it's one of the things that makes me love that record as much as I do.

6. Dear You is incredible

bd007h and suburban myth like this.
  7. rebecca

Regular

Dear You is definitely my favorite Jawbreaker album, I don't care if fans think they sold out. My favorite Jawbreaker songs are Fireman, Shirt, Sluttering, Save Your Generation, Chemistry, Want, and Indictment. Of course Boxcar is a classic. Accident Prone is great but it makes me sad. Indictment is fun to play on bass.

bd007h and suburban myth like this.
  8. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Absolutely love that song.

9. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Anyone familiar with Blake's newest project Forgetters? Ribbonhead is a gem.

10. razorburn

Trusted

Yep. Fantastic record. Hope we get a follow-up, I'm doubtful though.

bd007h likes this.
  11. Collins

Trusted

Dear You was a big one for me when I discovered it. They had such a knack for catchy melodies. Accident Prone, Chemistry, Bad Scene, and Jet Black are my favorites.

suburban myth and bd007h like this.
  12. suburban myth

I have been listening to them a ton, again lately... Sleep, Boat Dreams From the Hill, Outpatient... so much greatness.

13. The big ol' bridge of Accident Prone is the best thing ever

collin512, suburban myth and bd007h like this.
  14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

15. band Facebook says it's not a thing rn

suburban myth likes this.
  16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

not surprising, people always take things more strongly than anything
    though who knows, probably happening
    still just wanted to post this for the jawbreaker reunion fb post

jordalsh likes this.
  17. its at least being talked about

18. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Not gonna get my hopes up, but it's definitely something I'd pay anything and go anywhere to attend.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  19. razorburn May 17, 2016
    (Last edited: May 17, 2016)
    razorburn

Trusted

Now the original Misfits have reunited, I'm convinced anything can happen.

20. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

My impression was it was something discussed and they decided against it.

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Was listening to Dear You since it'd been a while, one of my favorite things about this band -- and I'm sure this is not intentional and more an effect of dated production -- is that their albums sound the same way that an old candid photo shot on film looks. There's nothing really off about the photo, nothing really telling you that it's an older moment captured brightly forever, but the method of preservation itself gives it that vibe. I don't feel like scenes are as cutthroat and etc as they are on these albums, but they're described in such vivid detail and with such affectation that you can't help but feel nostalgia as if you were there and you're reading your own journal entries. It's a weird thing, but a thing I really appreciate about this band and Blake's lyrics in particular.

22. suburban myth

I love this.

23. razorburn

Trusted

24. Incredible

25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Holy shit