Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Mraz - Know. (August 10, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 25, 2018.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ooooooooooooooooooh shittt

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

It’s certainly Mraz-y, haha.
    Doesn’t really do much for me, unfortunately

3. irthesteve

Yeah it's a bit too far on the Mraz cheesy scale for me, but it's nice enough lol. Just waiting for the album cuts that I know are gonna be there

4. irthesteve

"Wise Woman" out this week, it's got some great verses but the chorus is... fine, lol. This is shaping up to be the most reggae-inspired album if it keeps going this way, we'll see

5. irthesteve

Jason at his cheese extreme

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. irthesteve

wow, that's great. ALL earnings off the new album, damn. I'm gonna give a listen soon, hoping for at least a few gems on the album.

8. irthesteve

Well...

this album is... horrendous, lol. I am quite a Mraz defender, but this is a new low.

Look, I know there are people out there who will enjoy this and use it as nice uplifting summer music, but whoof Jason... this is borderline embarrasing

:tear:

9. irthesteve

full concert for Save Our Stages Fest

10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

anybody ever nosh on this dude’s avocados? been curious for a decade or so now if his farm has surpassed his tunes

irthesteve likes this.
  11. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I don’t know why but that post really made me laugh.

I also don’t believe I’ve ever had one of Mr. Mraz’s avocados.

Cody likes this.
  12. irthesteve

I am 100% certain I have, because his farm supplies avocados to a majority of California Chipotles, and you KNOW I get guac when I go

Cody likes this.
  13. irthesteve

deluxe version of the new album out

still don't care for this album, but the new versions of some old songs are fun. This version of I'm Yours is actually pretty cool

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Looks like just a greatest hits with one new song

irthesteve likes this.
  15. The album art for this couldn't be more boring and 11 tracks seems short for a catalog like Mraz' but I'm very glad "Sleeping to Dream" made the cut (although it's surely the Know. version and not the superior Tonight, Not Again version).

16. irthesteve

Very strange release, I am guessing it's a specific Valentine's Day release that will get physical placement at big box retailers for the month of February. It's probably gonna sell like hot cakes TBH

Jacob Tender likes this.
  17. Jacob Tender Jan 20, 2022
    (Last edited: Jan 20, 2022)
    Even as a fan of 20 years, I'm not compelled. I would, however, buy the shit out of any of the following on wax:

- A Jason Mraz Demonstration (where "Sleeping To Dream" first appeared in 1999)
    - Live at Java Joe's (oh, he printed this last November. mine.)
    - Sold Out (In Stereo)
    - Tonight, Not Again
    - Selections for Friends

18. irthesteve

well I don't know how to tell you this, but you are NOT the target audience for LaLaLoveSongs on CD, haha. Target audience is casuals walking through (most likely) Target, (maybe) Walmart or (would be smart) Starbucks and want some "valentines music"

those early albums/releases are all excellent though, if I cared about vinyl I'd agree with you :-)

Jacob Tender likes this.
  19. irthesteve

while it's not the most spectacular thing he has done, the new song (Always Looking For You) is better than anything on his last album and feels like a fun return to form

20. Is there a studio recording of that now? He’s been playing that live for years.

21. irthesteve

Jacob Tender likes this.
  22. Nice. His most successful tracks have always been the ones that he sits on for a while.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. anonimito likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

anonimito likes this.
  25. Surprised there’s no vinyl.