Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Isbell Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 8, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

woweeee

DaydreamNation likes this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

Just reading this gave me the chills.

3. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This sounds incredible. I cannot wait to hear this song, and the rest of the album.

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. zmtr

Trusted

I need this NOW

Brother Beck and DaydreamNation like this.
  6. GIMME GIMME GIMME

Brother Beck likes this.
  7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

badass

Brother Beck and DaydreamNation like this.
  9. My favorite artist of the 2010s making an early play for the 2020s, I see you

Brother Beck and phaynes12 like this.
  10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Since he said “we” can we assume this will be another 400 unit album? I hope so.

11. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yep. They've all technically been 400 Unit albums, at least since Sirens. He just decided to use the full band name on The Nashville Sound.

12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I knew the 400 unit was most of the records, but I guess I never really understood what made one album a full band title and another just Jason’s name. Is it simply what he decides at that time, or is there something specific?

13. Craig Manning

I think he did it last time because he thought that was more of a full-band "rock" album than something like Southeastern. But I also just think he wants to give everyone the proper credit, so they'll probably all be 400 Unit records going forward (unless he decides to switch things up).

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  14. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I could be wrong but I think the records that are billed as Jason Isbell feature only some of the band on the actual recordings and the others feature the entire band. Again could be completely wrong.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  15. I’ve dabbled with Jason. What’s the best album to really start with?

16. jdr2187

jdr2187

Southeastern for sure.

waking season and phaynes12 like this.
  17. Craig Manning

They're all over Something More Than Free. I'd have to check the credits for Southeastern, but I think they all played on most of those tracks as well.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Flying Over Water is a goat tune

19. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

Elephant goat too.

20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Southeastern is absolutely stacked with goat songs. All the ones already mentioned, plus I personally love "Songs That She Sang In The Shower".

21. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I believe just Derry and Chad are on Southeastern. No Sadler or Jimbo.

22. Craig Manning

Yeah, I checked the liner notes last night and this is correct. Something More Than Free has everyone though.

23. Sadler also was not a member of the 400 Unit at all until some time after that record was recorded, for what it's worth. Browan Lollar left the band during the "Here We Rest" touring cycle in 2011 I believe, then when Jason got sober and back out on the road in 2012 he was the sole guitarist in the band until Sadler was hired on after "Southeastern" came out. So if you listen to the "Live from Alabama" record that came out in late 2012, Jason is the only one playing guitar.

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

25. Craig Manning

Here we go fam.

DaydreamNation and Matthewconte like this.