Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Isbell Band • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 8, 2016.

1. fifth wave? sixth-and-a-half wave?? plz specify

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

zero wave

DaydreamNation likes this.
  3. is this the same as no wave or different please advise

phaynes12 likes this.
  4. Song's up

5. And it's good

SteveLikesMusic and Matthewconte like this.
  6. Sorry to ask here and in the album thread but does anyone know what the presale code is for tour dates going on sale tomorrow a.m.?

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

REUNIONS

8. Craig Manning

His tickets are twice as expensive as they were last time I saw him. Not surprising, but a bummer for my wallet!

9. Man Ticketmaster sucks

Craig Manning likes this.
  10. Finally got through, $200 for seats 25 rows from the stage in the Midwest ain't great but whatever. Stoked to see him again!

11. Craig Manning

This is more or less what happened to me.

12. Yeah it sucks but at the same time I can't get too mad because I'm happy he's so popular.

But I saw him right around when his last record came out and I managed to get two seats like eight rows from the stage in Cincinnati for like half this price on the presale. Those days are over haha

Craig Manning likes this.
  13. Craig Manning

Yeah, I looked back at how much I spent last time and it was like $240 for for tickets and I spent $200 for two this time. Happy for him, but this definitely reminds me why I mostly stick to club shows!

14. abw123

Trusted

Weird, top price in Dallas is $95

He's playing a 3000 seat place here.

15. abw123

Trusted

Oh never mind, you said $200 for 2. I misread.

16. Craig Manning

There were like $160 platinum tickets or something too. I opted not to go for those.

17. abw123

Trusted

I am surprised and dismayed that we've never gotten a release of his song from A Star Is Born (Isbell's own version, I mean).

18. Sadler Vaden (400 Unit guitarist) put out a solo record last month and I’m really digging it. Great guitar work, obviously, and I get Wallflowers vibes from a couple songs.

19. Yeah Sadler's record was fun, listened to it a bit when it first came out

20. Craig Manning

You had me at “Wallflowers.”

troyplaysbass likes this.
  21. With all due respect to Southeastern and Reunions, this man's best record turns 5 today

zmtr likes this.
  22. "Palmetto Rose" is seriously such a good song, it's maybe my favorite from that record. It's him at his finest in terms of just pure beautiful song-craft and story-telling. There are layers and nuances to that song that it took me years to "get"

SVXDan83 likes this.
  23. Craig Manning

I think I'd be inclined to rank Something More Than Free higher if it had a stronger closer. I've always felt like "To a Band I Loved" was a bit of a whimper to end the record on. Easily my least favorite closer of his. I'm not huge on "Hudson Commodore" either. You're right that "Palmetto Rose" is absolutely one of his best, though.

Reunions is probably firmly my second favorite of his at this point.

SVXDan83 likes this.
  24. jdr2187

jdr2187

Completely agree about To a Band That I Loved, in fact I’d say it’s one of his worst songs period.