Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Isbell Working on New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

fenway89 likes this.
  2. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Best news ever

3. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Super excited about this. I've grown to love acoustic/sad Isbell so much, that the rock and roll band makes me a tiny bit nervous, but we'll see!

4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Should be stellar

5. Yyaaayyyy

6. Tater Tot

Something more than free and southeastern are two of the most heart wrenching albums.

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This guy has made two of the 10 best albums of the decade so far. Guessing this one will join the ranks.

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I mean, he made Something More Than Free with the 400 Unit and plays almost every song with a full band live. I wouldn't be worried.

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. Ben Lee

That's true! I have a bootleg from Washington D.C and he plays with them and it sounds great. I love it.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

This is gonna be really good, I'm pretty confident in that

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

"Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit" is my favorite of his releases, so hopefully the rock band will hearken back to that style. I liked Southeastern but didn't love SMTF

12. Ben Lee

I like Southeastern more than SMTF but I think "Speed Trap Town" might be the best song he's ever written. I love that song so much.

13. Every solo record this guy has released has been a step up from the one before it. I'm expecting nothing less this time around.