Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Isbell – “Cumberland Gap”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Awwww yes. I've been waiting for a "heavier" record from him since the first "400 Unit" album. The production reminds me of the last couple Ryan Adams records. I could not be happier right now.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This album is incredible.

4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I freaking love Jason Isbell. The past year since gettin into country he has quickly become my favorite artist

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Who else do you listen to?

6. Connor

In country? Or in general?

With country other than Jason Isbell I'm really big on Sturgill Simpson, Cody Jinks, Chris Stapleton, Whitey Morgan, Lucero, The Drive By Truckers and David Ramirez. David Ramirez is who got me into the genre

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Neat. I was talking about country specifically. We overlap on a few but I have not heard of David Ramirez. Will checkout.

Do you listen to Houndmouth?

8. Check out Justin Townes Earle if you haven't already

9. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Oh weird. I'm a big fan of most of these artists and had no idea David was still around and doing well as an artist. I went to high school with him but forgot about him entirely until this post. I'll have to check out some of his music.

I'm a

fenway89 likes this.
  10. Clen118

I would second the Houndmouth recommendation and add Ryan Bingham as well. Dawes has some crossover with these bands/artists too.

I found out about him when he opened on Dustin Kensrue's solo tour in 2015. I really enjoyed his set.

Jason Isbell just added a bunch of shows with Frank Turner opening.
    Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit Announce U.S. Tour Second Leg For 'The Nashville Sound' - Glide Magazine

fenway89 likes this.
  11. Connor

I also found out about him in that Dustin kensrue tour. I really enjoyed his last album, Fables.

Thanks for the recs! I'll for sure check them out!