Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Butler Starts New Project

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jason Butler, formerly of Letlive., has started a new project called The Fever.

To those of you who want change, here is an offering to start that conversation. I’ve had a lot of people asking me what I’ll be doing in the future- here is a taste of that. I love art. I love being a musician. I love progress. And I am no stranger to pushing back if I feel it is necessary. This will be an exhibition of all the things I love w/ like minded people for whom I care deeply.

2. Justice Beaver

Crime Fighting Beaver

Didn't realize he had left letlive. Hope whatever this is is good.

3. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

This also features the drummer for Night Verses and Stevis from The Chariot

coleslawed likes this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

They called it quits like two months ago dawg.

youwontknow and Justice Beaver like this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't like that last Letlive. album much. But hopefully this is more interesting.

6. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

eh i didn't hear anything about it either lol

Justice Beaver likes this.
  7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Justice Beaver and Jason Tate like this.
  8. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I'm really excited to hear what this is all about. Letlive. is my go to band when I'm pissed off about what's going on in the world—I'm ready to hear what's next.

9. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

This should be good. Look forward to hearing stuff from this project.

10. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I really wish I could go to the show the band is talking about on their Instagram page, as it's only a few miles away from where I live. But seeing as I'm currently on crutches for the next few weeks I think that I'll have to pass. Hopefully we get some good videos out of the performance to see what the music sounds like.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I just really really REALLY hope it's chaotic and awesome. Last Letlive. record was such a bland mess overall.

I also hope we get a new Night Verses record soon. Vanishing Light was cool half of the time but not really the record they should have released IMO.

12. atlas

Trusted

Into the Vanishing Light was the best record of 2016 and maybe the best PHC record of the 2010s

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm a gigantic NV fan (was a fan back when they were the sound archives) but I think that's a little much.

I think they should have released a record that's somewhere in the middle between the sound of Lift Your Existence (amazing record) and Into the Vanishing Light. It's a little too experimental at times and should have been a little more accessible IMO since it was their first proper release to the masses.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  14. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

I'm just excited Stevis is making music again. This is going to rip.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Cgarnsay

Trusted

There are a few clips on Twitter. If anyone has more video please post here!!

For those who don't know, it sounds heavy!

16. ConArdist

Subgenres Should Die

Wait, FORMERLY? I was a letlive. devotee and then kinda went cold WTF? What's going on? Where am I?:embarrassed:

17. atlas

Trusted

they broke up

18. robargarthan

This has me stoked. The poppies letlive. stuff is cool but I was always drawn more be heavier side of them. Really cool band name too. Glad to see Jason is out there doing stuff so soon.

Here's a decent quality video of them live:

And another one:

coleslawed likes this.