Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Bourne Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. EasyBang

Not sure how I feel about the title, but I am so ready for this movie.

3. Nick Martin

There are no answers. Only choices.

Tony Gilroy, who wrote Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum, and Legacy (also directed) had no involvement in Jason Bourne, and Paul Greengrass took up writing duties. I'm really, really interested to see how the narrative unfolds in this film.

4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I just hope it's better than Legacy... I really didn't like that movie at all

5. Spencer Young

Don't ask me why.

I'm sure the movie will be good... Will it be at the level of Ultimatum? Probably not. I'm a little worried we're going to fall into the same trap that the Pierce Brosnan Bond movies fell into...too much sameness. Also, as lackluster as Legacy was...I'd be really bummed if they just dropped Renner's character in the dust.

6. EasyBang

I actually thought Legacy was a pretty good film in its own right. It didn't come close to the original trilogy, but I don't think that was the point. I did have a few minor issues with it near the end (that motorcycle rail grind, the blatant CGI in the finale), but I see it as a solid, almost Animatrix-type tie-in. Hell, the scene in the testing facility alone is one of the best (and most terrifying) of its kind. Plus, Renner, Norton, Isaac, and Weisz were all fantastic.

7. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Weisz was the weakest is ever seen her. She gets downright bad during motorcycle chase. She just wasn't believable any more. I hated the idea of the super pill too. It just felt like a different movie that got slapped with the Bourne name and would have been better without it.

8. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Been waiting a while for Matt Damon to reprise this role. Can't wait.

9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Cannot wait for this. Supremacy and Ultimatum are some of my favorite movies from their time.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

The first one is probably one of my favorite movies in general as well. So good.

11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I love Identity, but if I remember correctly Supremacy was the first one I ever saw so I kind of have a bias towards it.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Makes sense. I also love the snowy, winter tone of Identity. Makes for a good spy/thriller for me.