Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Bourne (Paul Greengrass, July 29, 2016) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This is all correct.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  2. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Wow. Went in with reserved expectations and still was let down.

Somehow this felt like a more drastic shift in tone from the trilogy than Legacy ever did.

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Agreed. It really ends on a hollow moment. The music starts up and it gives off a triumphant feel for a final scene that really doesn't do much at all. We see he outsmarts her, but who cares? We know next to nothing about her or why she did what she did.

What did this contribute to the series? I can't think of one thing. the whole father thing is pointless since it is introduced and resolved in this movie. if Bourne had learned his father was "involved" in 2 or 3 and only cleared now it would have added resolution. or at least the fact that he knew he was killed and the killer revealed and stopped here. Instead, since it all happens here. what's the point? Bourne doesn't have to struggle with the potential of his father maybe selling him to Treadstone. All this movie did was kill of Nicky, introduce yet another old white guy being involved with Treadstone and kill him off, and ummmmmm introduce Lee? who matters because? ummmm I couldn't say.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

When Bourne picked up that stupid "Record a conversation 50 feet away" mic, a couple people and me audibly laughed. I mean, he's a super-spy, why were they throwing in convenient devices to help him?

5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That's also a good point. There was no point to the movie.

6. Greg

I would assume they were going for "Bourne is great at improvising his plan on the go". But they failed to realize having to just have him pick up something that is made for that purpose is pretty lame. A better example is when he busts off the slot machine lever to pop the panel in the elevator.

7. Greg

I mean, I enjoyed the action scenes, but there just wasn't an intriguing story here.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Knowing these points now, I can see how the movie was pretty pointless. Still enjoyed watching it nonetheless

9. Greg

I enjoyed it as well, but it just doesn't really add anything to the franchise. Could have easily been a new stand alone with names swapped out. Even the way the asset acted was very different to how others acted in the past.

10. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yeah, it was more of the same and pointless for sure.... but for some reason, I still felt satisfied. I do like the idea of him being in DC and fucking the CIA over in their own backyard, however I do have to laugh at the "50-foot mic" essentially being the foil in this movie lol

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm seeing this tonight. I'm a total Bourne fanboy. It sounds like I'll like it because of my heavy bias. I'm pumped.

12. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Just watched The Bourne Supremacy last night for the first time in like 10 years; awesome movie

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  13. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

This wasn't very good. I'm glad my father bought my ticket.

14. Greg

Or you may like it less since you hold the series to a high regard

15. Letterbomb31 Aug 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 2, 2016)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

I'm a Bourne fanboy too and I was thinking the exact same thing going into it but this movie is easily the weakest one.

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Just got back from seeing this with my dad (who also bought my ticket). I enjoyed it but it was nowhere near as good as the original trilogy. As others have said it was mostly unnecessary.

17. Not as good as anything in the original Bourne trilogy, but I thought this was enjoyable. Really missed Pamela Landy's character, and I wish the some of the huge action bits weren't spoiled in the trailer.

18. trollini

19. Davjs

Trusted

Watched this last night, movie was entertaining but more of the same. All the points above are valid. I didn't mind the father plot point, made it a bit more personal and I assume they ran out of reasons to bring him back in. I thought they handled Julia Stiles death well.. What a waste to not use Renner's character though. Would have brought something new instead of this repeat and seeing both of them kick ass together would be a ton of fun.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

ohhhh noooooo

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious