Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Bourne (Paul Greengrass, July 29, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Jan 29, 2016.

1. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Never been a big Jeremy Renner fan, and The Bourne Legacy ruined him by association for me.

Glad to know that Damon and Greengrass will be at the helm for this movie, as the original trilogy still holds up for the most part. Just wish they had stuck with the usual title pattern rather than Jason Bourne, but that should have no effect the film's quality.

2. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I thought the Renner version was fine... it just didn't seem necessary. Regardless, I'd watch it again. I remember the first time I saw The Bourne Ultimatum in theaters. I loved it so much, I had to see it again. I went back a week later and saw the movie again. I think I ended up seeing it one more time in theaters. It was that good to me at the time. I can't wait for this one. My favorite movie series.

3. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Ultimatum is incredible but I think Supremacy is my favorite.

4. flask

Trusted Supporter

Hoping this continues the tradition of totally crazy car chases. The trilogy has some of the best put on film.

5. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

If the SWAT truck from the trailer is any indication, the answer is a big ol' FUCK YES.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

[​IMG]

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Genuinely thought that this was out a lot sooner. Feels like I've been seeing trailers for months.

testtime likes this.
  8. marceting

Trusted

I've seen next to no publicity on this movie yet. Should be heating up next week

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yea, the lack of a marketing campaign to this point doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. I'm assuming it's because Universal was putting all of its efforts into "Secret Life of Pets."

10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Uhhh I've seen ton and I barely watch TV

11. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

The Bourne series are some of my favorite movies of all-time, but something really feels off about this. Just saw a new trailer on TV and... ugh. I'll see this opening weekend but my expectations are really low.

12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Oh shit didn't realize this was so soon. Stoked for this.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I saw the trailer quite a bit when it was released but then nothing recently.

14. Serh Jul 26, 2016
    (Last edited: May 26, 2020)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably not a big surprise, but this didn't come close to anything from the trilogy. And just a heads up: Bourne doesn't get any more than a couple dozen lines of dialogue in this one.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Pretty unnecessary sequel. Basically lifts plot points from the three other movies and adds bigger actions sequences and more brooding. Alicia Vikander is a waste in this too, unfortunately. Stick to the original trilogy.

16. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty disappointed by this. It's a complete rehash of the previous Bourne movies. It's enjoyable but we've seen this all before and done better. I didn't like the revelations about his father, it all felt very cliché and exactly the kind of plot development you'd expect to see in any old Hollywood action movie, which is something the previous entries in the franchise avoided. I feel like the original Bourne movies heavily influenced the action movies we see today, but I don't think this particular film will have anywhere near the same impact. It's just more of the same.

17. How is this tracking? I haven't heard much about it so I'm assuming it's going to be another 2016 sequel/reboot that underperformes at the box office.

18. Read a headline somewhere that said it's looking like a $50-$60m opening weekend.

19. caffrey85

Jason Bourne SPOILER FREE Review

20. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I'm really bummed to hear the bad buzz :( I love the other movies (not Legacy; that one isn't bad, it's just nothing special) and was looking forward to this.

21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Going to see this tonight. Still looking forward to it, despite the mixed reviews.

22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

So I'm not sure what's up with all the negative reviews, but I really, really enjoyed this. Gave me all I wanted from a new Bourne film. Left me wanting another one.

23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I really enjoyed this as well; I haven't seen the original three films in a long time, so I'm not really able to compare it to those three, but on it's own, it was highly enjoyable. Basically one long action set piece. It was really fun following all the different plot points and piecing them together. Ending leaves it open for another one, but the feeling you get is that it's an ending for the series

24. Letterbomb31 Jul 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 30, 2016)
    Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Rewatched Ultimatum last night. It's such a perfect ending to the series, it really is a shame they brought it back just to rehash everything all over again. This movie leaves the series with a weaker conclusion, if this is the last one they make... Ultimatum is so compelling and exciting from start to finish, whereas the story in this new one didn't grab me at all. This movie kinda undermines everything that happened in Ultimatum as well, seeing as the "Blackbriar" and "Treadstone" programmes were just continued on under a different codename ("Iron Hand", if I remember correctly), despite all the major bad guys getting arrested at the end of Ultimatum.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This makes me feel sad. Haven't watched the new one yet.