Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason Aldean Tops the Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jason Aldean has the number one album in the country this week:

Rearview Town, released on April 13 via Macon/Broken Bow Records, launches with 183,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending April 19, according to Nielsen Music, of which 162,000 were in traditional album sales. The set starts with the biggest week in terms of overall units and album sales for any country title this year.

2. somethingwitty

Trusted

Country music industry is so bizarre to me...these acts push out new albums each year, without any real growth or evolution in sound and their fan bases EAT IT UP! The local amphitheater venue near me hosts the same country acts every year (Aldean, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Zac Brown, Lady Antebellum, Radius Rucker) and people continue to go.

Is the music just background noise at this point? Imagine if Blink or FOB played the same,venue every summer for the past 5 years, I highly doubt they'd continue to draw, its so bizarre.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Idk enrique Iglesias plays the same weekend in Vegas every year at the same venue for the past 4 years and it seems to do rly well and the same people make the trip every year. Fans gonna fan