Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jason’s Favorites From 2016 Playlist

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

This week we revealed the Chorus.fm contributor’s top albums of 2016 feature. Along with that a bunch of us put together our own individual lists and I decided to take some of my favorite songs from my list and put them together into a playlist. You can find that on Spotify and Apple Music.

I figured this would be a good way to quickly check out any of the artists you may not have heard yet before diving into the full albums. Also I want any excuse to share “Drive It Like You Stole It” with more people. If anyone else has playlists they made of songs from their favorite albums this year, I’d love to check them out — feel free to send over a link.

One of our forum members put the albums on our contributor list into a Spotify playlist as well.

2. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

@Jason Tate I really appreciated your Japanese House recommendation, simply an incredible artist!

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. Barcara

Regular

Craig Manning and Jason Tate like this.
  4. SundayDrive555

Newbie Supporter

The whole Sing Street album is phenomenal. "Up" and "To Find You" are such great pop songs as well.

Barcara and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

There is roughly a zero surprise factor in Jason adding Drive It Like You Stole It to this list haha. Can't say I blame either.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I just threw together a top 30 songs playlist too. I did it a little differently than Jason. A bunch of my favorite songs this year came from albums that weren't in my top 30 or 40, so I didn't go by my albums list. This is in a general order of my favorite songs of the year, but I didn't spend a ton of time fussing over it. Surprisingly, Jason and I have artist overlaps, but no song overlaps.

Barcara and Jason Tate like this.
  7. Barcara

Regular

I had the same thing, five or six of those songs (Black Mountain, American Football, Steven Wilson off the top of my head) are from albums that didn't even make it close to my albums list for the year, but they're absolutely killer songs.

On another note, this new Dawes album really didn't do much for me unfortunately. Respect them for branching out but the AYFB and NIW sounds is why I love that band. My friend who is brand new to the band adores it though, which is neat.

Craig Manning likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I don't think the new Dawes album is quite on the level of Favorite Bands, but I love it. It's a cool left turn for them, with some great melodies and some awesome, inventive production. And Taylor is still writing fantastic lyrics, even if the band is sounding a little more "modern." I think it's a cool record.

Barcara likes this.
  9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Gonna check out some stuff on here I didn't in 2016, agree with your #1, that record really grew on me.

10. shibbee

Regular

ETID at 30? How dare you.