Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Japanese Breakfast- Jubilee (June 4, 2021) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 25, 2021.

1. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I was thinking of passing on the Thalia Hall show but after the release of Posing in Bondage I’m there.

Should probably finally get around to meeting all y’all locals anyway.

2. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Yeah, any chicagoans wanna say hey before/after the Talia Hall show give me a shout!

3. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yeah would be down for meeting the Chi folks at one of the like three bars within a 15 second walk of Thalia beforehand

bradpetrik likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yoooo I would be down!

Unless the Thursday Riot Fest thing is something can’t miss for me, I’ll be at JBREKKIE.

bradpetrik likes this.
  5. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, we could all just drink outside now

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Chicago show sold out so they added another show the day before, which I’ll probably go to.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  7. MexicanGuitars

Might actually be a good thing I didn’t get tix for the Thursday show then in case I end up going to Riot. Four days in a row is brutal

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Exactly my thoughts. I don’t think I can do 4 days in a row of shows, even if one is just a normal concert, so I’m happy this extra show got added.

9. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

First outdoor riot fest I did the three days (including the opening day at the Congress) and drove to Grand Rapids on Monday for Gaslight and Hot Water Music.

10. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Why not go twice?! I hate having energy.

11. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Damn, got my Thursday tickets but I’m debating getting the new night too lol probably will leave it for the folks who got shut out of the initial sale though unless it hasn’t sold out still in a few weeks.

12. username

hey you lil piss baby

lol I did not expect a Japanese Breakfast/Grasshopper Film crossover on my timeline today but this is sick

13. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

14. MexicanGuitars

Both Chi shows sold out, didn't get tickets lol. I figure if shows are safe to go to then i'll hit up the resale market. Bought her book to make up for it.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I got a ticket for Wednesday, and may go Thursday (only) if my finances allow it and I love this album (which is seeming likely based on the two singles)

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Importer/Exporter likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Mary V likes this.
  18. It's here!!!

IMG_20210420_173107455.jpg

19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Third Chicago date added at the end of the tour.

I blew through her book this weekend. Started Saturday morning, finished yesterday. What a fucking book.

20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

The third Chicago date is the same day Lucy is playing in Chicago.. so maybe they could combine the shows? Please? For me?

bradpetrik likes this.
  21. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

TODAY I LEARN THAT THE VENUE IS REOPENING AND A JAPANESE BREAKFAST SHOW WAS ADDED IN AUGUST

LETS GOOOOOOO

Mary V likes this.
  22. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Shit, I almost bought another set of tickets without even thinking.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  23. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

There's also a Detroit date in early August but 1) it's 3 days after I move into my new apartment and 2) there's a part of me that's still like ehhhh August seems a little risky given what's been going on here

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s no opener announced for Lucy’s Chicago show. Bartees is skipping that date according to the poster, so maybe Lucy and JBREKKIE will play together like you @ImAMetaphor said. They’re at different venues though.

25. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I had that thought but then saw it was also at Thalia Hall so there’s no way.

Really wish Bartees wasn’t skipping the Chicago date. I was so excited.