Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JANK - Versace Summer (July 27, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Jul 20, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Interesting

teebs41 likes this.
  2. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Alive and well, but are all three still in the band? hmmm

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. cwhit

sort of what i expected
    although if ruben isn't in the band anymore, i'm going to think it's more than what matt is saying
    but we'll find out

4. Smage

Yea weird no mention of Ruben even though , to my knowledge, that was the main rumor going around.

5. cwhit

they did make a post that "the three of us are good" so we'll see

6. well fuck. that is not good.

7. Did they delete that post or am I missing something?

This actually really sucks, this band finally started clicking with me this week. I don't wanna keep listening if there's even more to the story that we don't know yet.

8. cwhit

They also dropped the mobo tour if you guys didn't know

9. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

You making a different point by posting this a second time?

10. cwhit

no, dude above didn't see the post so I reposted lol

teebs41 likes this.
  11. I appreciate it but I didn't mean that post haha i meant the one that was screenshotted above. Not there anymore, just checked their FB again and didn't see it. should have specified

12. cwhit

ahhhh i gotcha, i mentioned the other post like two posts above so i was confused, hah

teebs41 and ECV like this.
  13. cwhit

after thinking about this more and talking with some people i don't think i can listen to this band anymore. bummer

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it worse than the statement makes it seem?

15. cwhit

nah, but the statement is tbh bad enough
    at least where i'm at right now i'm okay giving this band a little hiatus from my ears. i'm up to hear more discussion from people about what accountability should be and what should or should not be enough to make up for horrific things but for now i'm of the mindset that i should back off

16. Smage

Reading that post didn't seem like a terrible thing happened. It looked like things were more complicated than they should have been. But my only knowledge of this is reading that post once

17. cwhit

too many people are calling them "brave" for bringing it up and not holding them accountable enough in a situation where they got someone drunk and then had sex with them

18. Smage

I wouldn't say brave is the right word, more like it was the right thing to do. However, there are many dates where adults bring a person over for wine or some drinks that go from initiating conversation to more. However because they are in college, one might assume they had more of a malicious intent. Just by the post alone, that pointing to the windowsill and cuddling the previous night seems to be like the person had some sort of knowledge of the context of the situation. Moving on to intercourse may have been hasty but that all depends on the people. I think there is just not enough information and context right now to conclude if they did a shitty thing. That's my thought process atm.

Edit: not trying to defend matt, just trying to look at this objectively

19. cwhit

if someone is drunk they cannot consent
    also feel like matt tried to make it about themselves a little too much, should have been zero focus on themselves at all, it is not about them

20. Smage

Technically yes that is correct. The other person's side of the story is needed before conclusions can be made though

21. cwhit

and as of now, with the information had, matt's side is enough for me to feel uncomfortable listening to them

22. Smage

I respect that and can see from your viewpoint why

23. Joel Sep 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 30, 2016)
    Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Unless more comes out, if the statement was accurate and what happened then I'm personally okay to continue listening to this band

It seems like he was unaware that she was not into it and if you don't give someone evidence to the contrary...I don't know, it's hard to know something is wrong if nobody is telling you that it is? Sorry if this is ignorant or hurtful and I'm happy to hear as to why - that was just my initial reaction

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't like it, I won't write off the band but it does make me a little uncomfortable

25. for the time being, I'm taking a break from the band because I'm having a lot of complicated feelings about the situation. what Matt did was wrong, and I think they know that based on their statement, but also the victim commented on the status saying it never should have been posted (hence its deletion) and that she just wanted the two of them to move on with their lives. so I'm unsure of what the "right" course of action is or would have been, (aside from completely avoiding situations like that in the first place, obviously).

just sucks that the frontperson of a band so outspoken about safe spaces and mental health and sexuality would turn out like this. disappointing and discouraging to say the least.

beachdude42, ECV, cwhit and 1 other person like this.