Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JANK - Versace Summer (July 27, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Jul 20, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

Bruh how are you going to bump this thread to spread a rumor and then post something like this lol

MikeyPaine likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I mean if there's something on the Internet may as well share it, but at the same time you gotta be conservative before you know all of the details lol. some fair warning based on current events seems useful though

3. cherrywaves

Trusted

The way you say that makes it sound like real shady shit is involved, bummer

4. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

Man that seriously bums me out, these guys are so much fun

5. Yeah, I've been waiting to see if they'd make a public statement or not. Damn shame.

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What a bummer, they've been one of my favorite bands this year.

7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

So does that mean it's official? Does anyone have a link that can fill us non philly people in?

teebs41 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

They were really gaining steam too. I can't believe it.. Damn

9. cwhit

there is nothing official or on the Internet really

10. cwhit

11. 180xSummer

lately it's been getting late, but i'm not tired

This is so sad. This was the first band since I moved to Philly that I saw start, come up, and then (seemingly) break up. Some real shit must have gone down

12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

My former roommate is friends with them and even plays with people very close to the Jank crew, and even he doesn't know what's going on.

13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

This sucks, hope nothing shitty comes out about them and taints my enjoyment of the releases we got

14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Been getting really vague info on this, nothing concrete, but speculation is that Reuben just wants to focus on more serious music.

15. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

My buddy smoked with them after the KC date of the last tour and one of them said that the next release would be more serious. Guess that didn't work out =/.

16. 180xSummer

So I've talked to a couple people I know who book shows in Philly and Jank was pulling some shady shit before this happened so I wouldn't be surprised if Ruben decided to get out before his reputation was completely trashed in the DIY scene

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

The silence on their end definitely isn't helping. Only letting all these rumors spread even more.

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

do the rumors mean anything if no one has stepped up to say they've been wronged? it isn't like there is an imbalance of power at play here, seems like everyone talking is involved in diy in some way shape or form. so if there was something seriously and morally wrong here, i can't imagine someone not stepping up and saying so. seems like the band stuff is just internal differences and the other stuff is difference in approach, but if anyone has a deeper understanding of how the mechanics of this would work and think im wrong, feel free to say so. lot of hearsay with no one coming forward either way seems unfair right now. like, if it was about them doing shady things and ruben didn't "want his rep ruined," i don't see why the extra step wouldn't have been taken to outline what exactly was so shady, that's my thought process.

19. 180xSummer

Okay well they were supposed to be booking a show at my frat house, they had it narrowed down to two dates, they kept pushing it back and then Jank asked what other bands would be playing, said they'd get back to the two people who book our shows, and then proceeded to book a show at the Pharmacy with those very same bands the next day. I'm gonna go ahead and call that shady. I was not personally in the facebook chat where this took place but I see no reason my fraternity brother would just make something like that up, especially since I was the one who asked about them. I was also told some other shitty things that my fraternity brother had heard from people he knows that book shows other places but I'm not gonna post those because we have no idea of the validity of those claims. Ruben has booked shows at our house a bunch of times in the past and has been nothing but wonderful to work with and has always had a great reputation in DIY. I'm completely speculating that he quit because of shady shit that was going on but it would make sense based on what I've heard about Jank from asking around today and what I know about Ruben as a person.

For clarity, this isn't a typical frat house but a very well established house venue, the oldest in the city.

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This is good, this is what I was asking for, thanks. Everything else people were saying were things like "I heard they may have done...something shady." but this is a specific example, it makes everything going around make more sense. this all seems pretty fucked up, sorry that happened to your frat bro.

21. I don't know much about Matt or Sam aside from being Facebook acquaintances but Ruben was nothing but polite when we met him on tour this summer

Bryan Diem likes this.
  22. cwhit

I know a band that wouldn't play a show wth Jank because of some past stuff with Matt, not going to reveal that connection on here though

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

You would think someone working so closely with a prominent show-booker would play it a little safer...

24. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I keep thinking this is some elaborate, cruel PR move to promote LP 2 but that optimism is fading terribly fast

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think they are okay, they basically tweeted they are staying together