Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

JANK - Awkward Pop Songs (November 10, 2015) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Jun 2, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

meme loving tumblr kid

2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Love the record with the obvious exception of Hat Store

3. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Liked this way, way more than I expected to. Cohen definitely talked up the chops of the guys in the band, which is what sent me to listen in the first place, but there are some good melodies tucked in here. Lyrics get a little bit annoying, but that's not the end of the world. "Caitlyn" for sure slays.

4. cwhit

i feel really happy for everyone in the band that they're blowing up, they've all been in bands for a while (ruben was in secret plot to destroy the universe and ran kat kat records/kat kat phest, matt was pannucci's pizza and little tyrant) so it's great to see them doing so well

5. I've been meaning to write something about this/set something up with them or a while now, but the one thing I can't get over is how much fun they sound like they're having on this record. There are a lot of great "revival" bands out there writing really powerful songs that are helping people get through all kinds of unfortunate situations, but in a sea of albums about topics like homopobia and abuse, it can be healthy to throw a band so focused on positivity and acceptance into the mix.

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Just threw this on, really digging it.

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

P cool so far

8. cwhit

actually sort of surprised the people that are digging this

9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh my god The Hat Store is the Dead Milkmen reincarnated lol

10. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Totally got that vibe too, really rad.

11. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I think this band has a pretty big potential crossover appeal outside the scene because of their aesthetic and their pop sensibilities. Cool to see the attention they've been getting.

12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

this is pretty fun

13. cwhit

label is pushing this band so hard on this site haha

14. Need this to boogie to today

15. cwhit

16. teebs41 likes this.