Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (April 27, 2018) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tucah, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that was stupid of me. While I think Christopher has problems writing women and POC, Jonathan has done much better. I’m gonna delete that and say that it would rule if they worked with Janelle. Sorry everybody for the comment.

stars143 and cshadows2887 like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I hope she gets the final nom/wins, and I am very ready to start referring to her as Django Jane

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. irthesteve

6. stars143

Trusted

She's the best

7. irthesteve

8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

9. irthesteve

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is a fun song. I'm really curious how her Bonnaroo set will be cus it just seems like such a random one off, and I highly doubt she has an album coming anytime soon

11. irthesteve

Just FYI, this is very much a one-off from an animated show on Netflix teaching kids about politics haha. I probaly shoulda led with that

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Haha ya I realized that, I definitely didn't think it was like a lead single or anything, it just got me thinking about her

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

At this point it almost seems like she’s avoiding making a full-length. Take your time, Janelle, but man I’d love a new one

beachdude and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

She always takes long though. 3.5 years between ArchAndroid and Electric Lady. Then another 4.5 until Dirty Computer I agree I’d love something sooner than later, but she can take all the time she needs if the quality stays at the same level

beachdude and cshadows2887 like this.
  15. irthesteve

Wow, a new 17 minute version of Hell You Talmbout featuring:

Beyonce
    Alicia Keys
    Tierra Whack
    Chloe x Halle
    Zoe Kravitz
    Brittany Howard

and more I don't recognize, so I'm not gonna screw up whose first and last names are which:

[​IMG]

16. irthesteve

17. irthesteve

summertimejesus likes this.
  18. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

I will never understand assembling a full-fledged production crew for just a couple Instagram posts on Halloween, lol.

ChaseTx, beachdude, OotyPa and 3 others like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I imagine it's for a party too, but I also can't imagine going to a party all that makeup

20. irthesteve

21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

beachdude and irthesteve like this.
  22. irthesteve

She's so bizarre, but it's impressive at least haha

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I find myself wondering this every single Halloween. What are all of these celebrities hoping to accomplish with these extremely elaborate (and presumably extremely expensive) costumes to post on Instagram

beachdude and Barresi like this.
  24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

It is?

25. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

they're rich and famous, what else are they gonna do? lol. I know a lot of people who spend a good amount of time and money on costumes for stuff like Halloween or conventions just for fun, I can see why people would take it to the next level if they could.