Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Janelle Monáe - Dirty Computer (April 27, 2018) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tucah, Feb 16, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

jpmalone4, skogsraet and irthesteve like this.
  2. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

seeing her tonight!

sawhney[rusted]2 and St. Nate like this.
  3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

ChiliTacos likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I saw her last night and it was just amazing, I had goosebumps basically the whole time, and she just sounded so good and has such an awesome presence about her. It was the best show I've been to this year (rivaled only by Paramore's sets on Parahoy).

Mary V likes this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Chax and stars143 like this.
  6. irthesteve

perfect performance

mattfreaksmeout and skogsraet like this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I think Americans is my dark horse pick for best song on the album

Mary V likes this.
  8. irthesteve

9. Pooch

Regular

This album fell off big time for me. Loved it at first, but the more and more she moves away from the funk and soul of her earlier stuff, the less her music stays long-term with me. Her performances are still A+ tho.

OotyPa likes this.
  10. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I'm actually with you on that one. I do enjoy and appreciate this album, but I love when she ventures into the strange. ArchAndroid is my favorite from her for that reason.

Pooch likes this.
  11. Pooch

Regular

I'm one of the few that enjoy Metropolis the most out of her releases.

12. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Still my favorite album of the year.

13. irthesteve

Yeah, this didn't fall off even slightly. Still one of the best albums of the year, no question

Contender and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

xapplexpiex likes this.
  15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Just found out the vinyl is already out?? What?? How did I miss this? I'm upset now cus I missed the exclusive variant but I mean still stoked cus I finally get to own this on wax, so that's exciting!

17. irthesteve

18. irthesteve

"I Like That" is #1 on urban radio right now, hopefully it keeps going and starts charting on all the charts!

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I ran my Apple Music data to get an end of the year list and Make Me Feel was my most listened to song this year which is absolutely not surprising at all. Now I'm listening to Dirty Computer again and this album is still just so inspiring.

skogsraet, irthesteve, Owlex and 3 others like this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If I thought Pitchfork had any credibility left, it's gone now that they did not even put Janelle in the top 50 albums of the year, let alone it's rightful place at #1 (though Mitksi deserves it too so that's good).

skogsraet, Mary V, neo506 and 2 others like this.
  21. irthesteve

it's not even on the list at all? That's pretty ridiculous

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I looked it over twice and did not see it. I honestly checked again cus I was shocked. I don't want to like put too much importance on end of years lists or whatever, but this felt like a really substantial album that had a lot to say and it's really just a shame to me that it's getting overlooked by one of the bigger lists of the years completely. But plenty of others have had it.

23. username

hey you lil piss baby

I find it funny when people blame the publications when these lists are aggregates of multiple lists from various contributors. It’s not a big bad publication working against this album, it’s a bunch of people who didn’t care enough for it.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't say I'm blaming anyone, I'm not like angry, I just think it's a bummer

25. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I’m surprised it isn’t there, but the album had gotten a lot of love this year. She’ll be fine