Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jane the Virgin (CW) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kiana, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm really enjoying this so far, the actual finale has even more to live up to now!

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

JR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake W likes this.
  3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I just really love Rosario

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't know what to make of the lack of responses here, but I mostly loved the finale. Appreciate that they didn't do any big twists and just let everyone breathe. Only flaw I have is that I "knew" Jane and Raf weren't gonna be late for their own wedding

5. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I haven’t watched in months. And if Jane and Raf are end game I don’t know that I want to catch up

6. meggers

Trusted

It was a nice wrap up and the main characters all had good endings. I really liked the retrospective episode before the finale. It reminded me of quiet a few things I forgot that happened.

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Was I the only one who doesn't hate Jane/Raf

8. meggers

Trusted

I’ve been team Jane/Raf since season 1.

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

I wasn't on a team, but I never had issues w/ them recoupling, beyond how certain things were handled this past season (namely how pissed Rafael would get at Jane over Michael's revival when she had like 45 minutes to process everything)

Kiana and supernovagirl like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Final season on Netflix

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Garrett

I apparently ended up 11 episodes behind. Here we go.

13. Garrett

of course Raf snagged Sophia Bush even if only for a B plot

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

LITERALLY ALL I WANTED WAS A BROGELIO MOMENT WHY DOES THE WORLD HATE ME WHHHHY

Lmao ok that's not all I wanted but they could've thrown me a bone

15. Kiana

RIP the actual real Michael and not that MONTANA IMPOSTER

jtv_ch16_michael_rogelio_2-1431360844.gif

:verysad::verysad::verysad:

I will never get over this.

16. Kiana

But for real I can't finish the series rn. Michael love aside I kinda hate that he even came back at all. I actually rly enjoyed watching Jane process her grief and how that impacted all facets of her life, including parenting Mateo and leaning on her family. I'd rather him live but if we couldn't have that then stay dead, but idk how I feel about what happened. It's so tragic in a way thats too heavy for a novela to me. I'd rather him have been locked in a dungeon like I guessed before! For this to happen to Michael over something that ended up not mattering anyway. Idk man. I gotta process. But I'm struggling with this. I feel like I should be getting the message that life throws curve balls and things change and people change and that's okay, but idk idk I'm just bitter. Not even that Michael didn't end up with Jane but that he ended up losing his entire life like that.

AND YES I KNOW ITS FICTIONAL.

Jake W, Garrett L. and meggers like this.
  17. Garrett

I see @Kiana reached the episode where I quit watching live and eventually had to pick up from on Netflix much later

Kiana likes this.
  18. Kiana

@supernovagirl is encouraging me to finish so we will see! I know I've read the ending was received fairly positively but I'm distressed! Even if Michael just hung around and got to be a cop. Like he loves being a cop and expressed interest in doing it again but he's rly gonna just chill in Montana???? I can't accept it!

Garrett L. and supernovagirl like this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

20. Kiana

Meh. The final season wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be but def not something I ever want to rewatch or put as a good series finale. I rly dislike that they stress raf and Jane's love as "family" when they hardly ever felt like a healthy family unit. Lol maybe it's the raised Catholic bitter child of divorce in me but I hated that.

Petra was the MVP of the season so there's that

Garrett L. likes this.
  21. Kiana

I am such a mess with this show lmao. I mean I'm always overly invested in novelas but like....... I'm still struggling with this! Like who cares if Jane ends up with Michael?? Love triangles are always the worst parts of shows and the reasons I started out loving the show (fun novela tropes, representation, wit, etc) are still there and aren't discredited. But I'm still like Really Upset about it. Lmao idk why!! This is very odd for me. I'm not a "shipper" and not a romantic. But for some reason Michael's story is just so heartbreaking to me and I can't process what happened to him and Jane. I mean part of it is projection because I thought after their growth the first few seasons they were such a healthy functioning couple. Michael was so supportive and earnest and clearly I am projecting some stuff onto their relationship!! But I still can't get over how it ended. Maybe because Michael coming back did feel so... Oddly handled?? Like an entire plot device to drive home how Jane is choosing raf and I don't think they needed to do that to show Jane had grieved and moved on. if he had to die, tackling Michael's death was a cool opportunity to show grief and how you can suffer this trauma and pick it up and move on and find love again. I liked seeing Jane grieve and have to continue parenting Mateo and fit her family with Petra's and live her life. Certainly didn't expect her to be grieving forever and never move on. But the Michael thing just felt.... Weird. Like not as well thought out as other elements of the show. Like the Michael cop thing. Michael always said he'd give up being a cop for Jane and Jane always said no way. Idk why they revealed Michael lied to her when they'd had those discussions before and Jane was supportive. And Michael wanted to be a cop soooo badly and it was that important to him to apparently lie and still do it after being shot... until now and he's just gonna live on a ranch in Montana and that's cool with him?? Idk! I reject this character "development"

I was legit just looking at gifs of the show and it actually makes me sad and bittersweet. Part of me wants to rewatch and stop after Michael leaves the house for his test but I just can't handle knowing what happens!!!

Guys

This isn't my breakup but my :heart: thinks it is!!

Like it's the same feeling I have when Jack can't fit on the door

source-7.gif

So in short I can no longer watch this show or Titanic

22. Kiana

I was so young... So naive..... Such a newborn baby lamb... Not a girl not yet a woman. If only I knew at the time!!!! I could've protected my heart!

Screenshot_20191001-190316.png

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. Kiana

I think also as a mixed Latina it was so cool seeing Michael rly care about Jane's traditions. He wanted to be part of her family and read his vows in Spanish and just tried so hard to learn about her family and culture. It was important for him to be close to her dad and other family. I think that was rly important and special for me to see on screen

Garrett L. likes this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Idk how I got unsubbed from this thread but I’m sorry you’re having such a rough time with the ending @Kiana. I feel like even tho I did ‘ship’ raf & Jane, by the end it was deff clear that there were parts of their relationship thst were so toxic and they weren’t gonna address them healthily or whatever. I also feel overall Michael treated her like how you “want” to be treated, and with raf it was just like “welp it’s true love ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ can’t help how you feel!”
    Which is weird. Idk there was lots on the show I didn’t necessarily agree with but still thought the wrap up was the best that could be expected

Kiana likes this.
  25. Kiana Oct 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 1, 2019)
    Kiana

I think since it is always poking fun and subverting tropes I thought Jane was going to end up alone with the stress on loving Mateo and her family and career and her bond with Petra and then like co-parenting with Raf and not necessarily needing that romantic love to feel happy. Idk why it's bothering me so much that it ended differently lmao because her desiring romantic love is fine, but like it gives me legit anxiety and I can't pinpoint why! I think I put so much stock and related so much into that critique of Catholicism and shame and guilt and growing up in a Latino family and the fixation on romantic fantasy and then it kinda ended up just ... Not subverting those as much as I expected? And it still had such important and fantastic wit and commentary on pop culture and the world and I don't think it's accurate or fair to say they didn't subvert the expectations, but idk. Like it objectively wasn't bad, but didn't resonate as emotionally as I felt like a show so important to me would. I related a lot to Jane. I'm uptight and controlling and overthink and grew up in a Latino household watching novelas with my grandma and thinking up love stories and wanting to be a writer at one point battling being responsible and having a young mom and idk I think my expectations were just too different than what the ending was ultimately going for. I def projected too much lmao. Like with all the cameos and references and representation it felt like MY show and I think I need to stop being like an obsessive Twilight mom lol