Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jane the Virgin (CW) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kiana, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Per Wiki: Jane the Virgin is an American satirical romantic comedy-drama television series developed by Jennie Snyder Urman, that debuted on The CW on October 13, 2014. It is a loose adaptation of the Venezuelan telenovela Juana la Virgen created by Perla Farías. The series stars Gina Rodriguez as Jane Villanueva, a working, religious young Latina virgin, who becomes pregnant after being artificially inseminated by mistake. The program parodies commonly used tropes and devices in Latin telenovelas.

2. Kiana Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    Kiana

Was this srsly not a thread??

This show is masterful at inserting clever little jokes that catch me off guard and make me laugh harder than just about any show. Jaime Camil is an underrated comedic actor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

thanks for the thread! was gonna make it and forgot
    one of my favorites to watch week in and week out (though crazy ex girlfriend has surpassed it slightly). gotta watch the most recent one

4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Monday nights on CW are so perfect.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm a week behind right now. Unless they took off another week. Which would not surprise me.

6. tucah

not champ Prestigious

They did.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I really do not understand CW scheduling. lol

8. cwhit

oh cool maybe i'm not behind then!

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Definitely one of the more fun shows on right now

10. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I think Jaime Camil should be given way more praise and accolades. It kind of reminds me of watching Sofia Vergara in season 1 of Modern Family. I like seeing a crossover success.

Kiana likes this.
  11. Kiana

I'm still blown away that Jaime Camil is on this show and I love it. He needs all the Emmys. He has a way of delivering his lines in ways that are so unexpectedly funny. They always catch me by surprise. His "Emma Stone. I heard she can play any race" joke made me like spit out my drink because I just did not see it coming lol

Garrett L. likes this.
  12. eversotru Apr 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 7, 2016)
    eversotru

harmony in a sad song

Thank the heavens this thread exist. Most of all, I'm so glad everyone love Jaime Camil. In the Spanish soap opera world, he's basically the equivalent of a John Stamos / Brad Pitt (in popularity) and is a well respected, revered actor (and pretty darn good).

In one soap opera, he transformed into a woman

He also can sing

I would be here for a while if it's about things he can do

Kiana likes this.
  13. Kiana

Rogelio's bachelor party was perf. Get outta here, Michael!!! If someone treated me to an expensive spa day I'd be like haaaaaay

Also I want to marry Jaime, which disrupts my plan to marry Enrique. idk what to do. The odds of both those scenarios happening is just so great that I can't decide.

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly, anytime Rogelio and Michael are on screen together on any level I'm left satisfied

15. Kiana

Rogelio's references to Lauren Conrad and Kylie Jenner's lip kits killed me this ep. Honestly not a lot of shows make me laugh out loud but Rogelio's references are always so random and hilariously out of nowhere. idk how I feel about Petra's plot rn. I know it's a novela and everyone gets screwed over but I feel like she's gonna get screwed over again soon and I just want her to be happy for two seconds!!

16. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

Rogelio is consistently my favorite part of the show. Matteo is such an adorable kid. I hope we'll be seeing more of Judy Reyes in the future. Petra is an angel and nothing bad better happen to her. I also hope Rafael didn't just screw everything up too bad, I still don't trust his half-brother.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think I'm two or three weeks behind at this point. Gotta catch up.

18. Just caught up and wow!

Yael Grobglas is probably my favorite part of the show. Especially now that she's also Anezka.

At first, being a creative writing grad student myself, I could really relate to that side of Jane's life. After she dated her advisor, though... haha. I like that the show explores so many possibilities.

19. Kiana

Me and Rogelio would be such good friends irl I can't handle it.

20. cwhit

jklewfjlerskgjewlkgjwerlkga;ekwjers;ghjker;gkjer;galkejrg;klajgkl;erwgklw; what the fuck what the fuck what the fuck jalfwkjflwekfjaelw;kfjeklw;fjwea;fejkw

21. Kiana

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I KIND OF SUSPECTED EVERYTHING MINUS THE PETRA SITUATION BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHY GOD WHY THEY BETTER PULL A NOVELA TROPE ON MY BB OMG

[​IMG]

22. Kiana

[​IMG]

23. cwhit

i fucking knew we couldn't get 35 minutes of happiness and crying and everything and then not get some crazy shit
    but
    EVERY CRAZY SHIT
    FUCK GOD DAMN WHAT

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Fucking hell

25. Kiana

I know of all the craziness this was like the least of it, but I really didn't expect to see Bruno Mars.