Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jamila Woods - LEGACY! LEGACY! (May 10, 2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Feb 5, 2019.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

[​IMG]

01 “Betty”
    02 “Zora”
    03 “Giovanni”
    04 “Sonia” (Feat. Nitty Scott)
    05 “Frida”
    06 “Eartha”
    07 “Miles”
    08 “Muddy”
    09 “Basquiat” (Feat. Saba)
    10 “Sun Ra” (Feat. theMIND & Jasminfire)
    11 “Octavia”
    12 “Baldwin” (Feat. Nico Segal)
    13 “Betty (For Boogie)”

2. jdr2187

jdr2187

Excited for this.

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Song is fantastic.

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Hype. She’s actually from my hometown and grew up a few blocks away from me, which is cool.

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

That “Zora” track is great, excited to check this out.

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

Can’t believe this thing is still two months away lol

If anyone hasn’t heard her last release Heavn, it’s essential. Features from Noname, Chance, Saba. I don’t think either of these singles touch anything on that record (they’re still super good though)

Carrow likes this.
  7. This album is preposterously fucking good.

Cody likes this.
  8. username

hey you lil piss baby

You’ve got it/leak??

9. Label hooked me up with a SUPER early advance. The two singles IMO are great but there are some absolute stunners on this thing.

username likes this.
  10. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Nice! Of all the labels to get music from early, Jagjaguwar would be at the top of my list.

Is the rest of the album in the more rock-inflected direction of the first two songs released?

11. I feel like there's quite a bit that fans of her older material will love. The new record put her on my radar so I went back to listen to HEAVN and wasn't that surprised. There's plenty of soul/R&B vibes on it - while the singles released so far have that influence from rock, the album as a whole is a natural progression from her debut imo. Even though I heard her sophomore first hahah. Not sure how that works exactly but it makes sense. My favourites all happen to be the ones with feature credits at the moment, incidentally.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  12. username

hey you lil piss baby

yung_ting and Carrow like this.
  13. radiodead

Trusted

Hell yes.

14. username

hey you lil piss baby

Zora just came on and I remembered that there’s still over two weeks until this drops lmao

Carrow likes this.
  15. username

hey you lil piss baby

Went to one of my local record shops where I've frequently found records out a few days before their release in hopes of finding the new Big Thief early (it wasn't there). Instead, they had this out already, so I snatched it up as quickly as possibly. Record is a really nice clear pink smoke. Just tossed it the turntable. The opener is stronger than any of the singles imo.

yung_ting likes this.
  16. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I haven’t listened to any of the singles, but I am so excited for this. The next few weeks are filled with great stuff coming out.

17. username

hey you lil piss baby

Not gonna say much cause I don’t wanna annoy people that don’t have access to this yet, but probably the best first listen I’ve had all year? Liking the singles more within the flow of the album and still think all the album tracks are better than those. Saba and Nitty Scott (who I’d never heard before) features both go off, theMIND is good on here too. C Side is my favorite stretch (Miles to Sun Ra) and the closer is *incredible*.

OotyPa likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Hyyyyyyped

19. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Yo what lol what store ? I need to go get this

20. username

hey you lil piss baby

Rotate lol. I grabbed the last copy off the new release wall, but when I was flipping through the new release “bin” beside it, I saw one more.

matthaber likes this.
  21. matthaber

Guess I’m hitting rotate up on my walk home from work tomorrow

22. matthaber

so was able to grab that lats copy today! (along side big thief) gonna be a good night

username likes this.
  23. username

hey you lil piss baby

Oh shit they had big thief out? Were there many copies?

24. matthaber

they had a TON of copies of big thief

username likes this.
  25. matthaber

BASQUIAT is the best song to be released this year by a mile , i will hear no other opinions

username likes this.