Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

James Paul Wisner Producing The Dangerous Summer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Yup, I feel like this has been known for awhile, still pretty awesome to see though...

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  3. trevorshmevor Jul 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2017)
    Thinking positively about this one. Never have cared for this band at all even though on paper they're totally in my wheelhouse. Depending on how much influence Cody had on the writing process previously, this could be the one to do it for me with him gone now -- especially with JPW behind the boards!

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Who has he produced before?

5. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

Considering that he is not a part of the reunion and how long they have been apart I would think that he has no influence. Unless they use songs written before the breakup, I guess.

6. Ohh no, I was talking about their previous material! Like, if he had a heavy influence on their songwriting in the past, then maybe him being gone now will shake things up enough to where I actually like the new stuff.

Edited my previous post to make that more clear haha, I can see where you were mislead there

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Underoath, Further Seems Forever, Paramore, 36 Crazyfists, Dashboard...dude is one of my favorite working producers.

joe.boy.fresh. and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So is anyone from the classic line up aside from AJ involved with this?

Edit: according to Wiki, it's just AJ and Matt/Ben from the Golden Record era. Not bad. Hopefully this is good!

Oh and fuck Cody Payne :-)

9. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Soooo hyped. Man, it feels like this is coming fast. Can't wait.

10. dubey

Regular

Loved this band! Had no idea they were back

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I actually just looked this up aha. I vibe with Underoath, and Paramore too, but this honestly does not excite me really. Never thought the production on All We Know is Falling to be particularly great, but I realise it was a long time ago.

However, I looked at some of his recent work. Unimagine by Hands Like Houses was well done, and that As It Is record was decently produced too. I'll reserve judgement for now and assume he'll knock it out of the park.

12. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair I'm pretty sure even AJ would agree it's worth restating.

Brent and mattylikesfilms like this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'll say it anytime I comment on anything TDS related. Guy is human garbage after all..

Brent likes this.
  15. bloodinthesand

Regular

This is going to be so good!