Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

James Cameron Working on Four Avatar Sequels • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Raku

Regular

I never bothered with the first movie, and I really dislike how Avatar revived the terrible 3D fad (that probably started way back in the 80s (not entirely sure on that)).

That being said though, I might check out the first one (even though I was lucky enough to avoid it). It might be interesting to see how bad the first film is actually. Also, I agree with everyone else saying that announcing four films so soon is completely unnecessary.

I wish Hollywood would stop trying to translate anime to live action (most of it doesn't translate well, and Pokemon is a perfect example of one that should just stay in the cartoon/anime format (I am horrified to imagine what the Pokemon would end up looking like :cringe:)).

2. joshuaharris

That's unnecessarily ambitious.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The movie.

4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

You didn't miss much. It's one of the most mediocre movies I've seen. Not bad in any sense of the word, but not really memorable either. Jake Gyllenhal is in it and it needs more of him.

Craig Manning likes this.
  5. polyfilla

who can never be sure

That screencrush article was even talking about how Avatar is not a "brand", it's a movie. It's an (arguably) original story with a nice, clean finish--no cliffhangers or anything. That's why people forgot about it.

I'm so curious to see how these sequels will affect Avatar's visibility and if this franchise will have any staying power in the years to come