Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

James Blake - The Colour in Anything (May 6, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 14, 2016.

1. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I was driving home from a show about 60 miles away last night, and this made for great night drive music! I didn't make it all the way through because it's sooo long, but this will probably end up being my favorite album to date of his.

2. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

Where's Jake

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My Willing Heart, though! Still halfway through my first listen, but I'm already leaning to agree with all those in here saying this is a tad long.

4. Just finished my first listen and this has me floored.

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

It's a little long, but otherwise it's utterly incredible. It feels like an album that's going to be talked about for at least the rest of the year.

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

This is the first James Blake album I listened to. Really gorgeous stuff on here. Looks like I'll have to check out Overgrown next.

8. Gwen

11:11 // Resident Queen Prestigious

ChiliTacos likes this.
  9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I feel like this is right in my wheelhouse, but after a few tracks I find myself dosing off or losing focus - it just isn't engaging me the way I want it to.

11. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

On my second (first focused) listen and it's Amazing. Seems like what was expected to follow up his debut, but I'm still glad Overgrown exists. Choose Me, Put That Down and the Vernon track are so good.

wisdomfordebris and Nick like this.
  12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

it's so hard to get to track 12 because i always repeat choose me and i need a forest fire like five times before i can move on

Laura and Jusscali like this.
  13. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Just finished my first listen. When I saw it was 17 tracks I worried it would feel way too long, but I was engaged the whole time. I especially loved "Timeless" and "Choose Me".

14. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Such a great album. Middle stretch is perfect.

15. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yeah, I haven't finished this yet, only through "Choose Me," but got damn, what a record so far.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  16. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I am so not well versed in this genre really either, but I'm amazed at the fact that there sounds like so much is happening on each track but it simultaneously all has such a subdued, minimal feel to it. I guess he's just like the master of that contrast.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  17. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

Choose Me is just too insane. His vocal layering in that song is next level.

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I need to listen to this more but Radiohead has distracted me

19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

this album blew me away

20. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

"i need a forest fire" video

Nick likes this.
  21. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yep. Today I'm going to give AMSP a break and listen to this a lot more though.

22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is his best album.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  23. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it really is so good.

I've been listening to all his EPs and non album singles this week. It's been years since I've listened to most of them but they're all really great.

24. zmtr

Trusted

Yeah.. Can't say for sure yet but it's damn close.

Thing would be a 10/10 if it was a little less bloated

25. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I love the length. I was afraid it would lose me at first but it has yet to.

While I love Overgrown, I feel like this is a more proper follow up to s/t, and more consistent.

Oh and Meet You in the Maze is fucking perfect.

zmtr likes this.