Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

James Barrett - A Series of... Mostly Nothing (September 24, 2021)

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Scranton, PA's James Barrett recently signed to Refresh Records and he'll release his new album A Series of... Mostly Nothing on September 24 via his new label home (pre-orders will launch soon). The label tags his new music "indie rock" and "stadium rock" on SoundCloud, and his James Cassar-penned bio calls the new album "a love letter to the hushed splendor of The National and the spaced-out bombast of Angels & Airwaves," and you can hear that contrast between intimate indie sounds and more stadium-sized ones coming through in the album's singles. New song "The Art of Letting Go," which premieres in this post, does sound a little like Angels & Airwaves, but it also kinda sounds like Scranton hometown heroes Tigers Jaw or emo-infused dream popsters Turnover. James does a good job of giving you the thrill of bombast but taming it with something a little more up close and personal. Hear it for yourself by streaming the new song and two previous singles from the album below.

James made A Series of... Mostly Nothing with producer Jake Checkoway (Sleeping Patterns, Origami Angel), and it features vocals by Amanda Rogan of Sweetnest along with a few other guest contributions (including cello on "Love Song in 2020").

Track Listing
    1. A Series Of...
    2. Oh My God
    3. U-Haul
    4. The Art of Letting Go
    5. Since I Left the Salon
    6. I Thought You Had Died
    7. Love Song in 2020
    8. Yellow Paint
    9. Master Plan
    10. Reprise
    11. Mostly Nothing
    12. Thinking Of A Place

Preorder: James Barrett - A Series Of... Mostly Nothing

2. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Oh My God was one of my favorite songs last year. Stoked it'll be on an official release!

3. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

Bump, this album is incredible and really needs some more attention here.

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

ill check this