Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jade Bird - Jade Bird (April 16, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Aug 31, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish more of Chorus was listening to her. I saw her yesterday on the Jason Isbell/Father John Misty tour and am seeing her again for a Lollapalooza aftershow in August. I am beyond excited and she was absolutely wonderful last night. She played an unreleased song that sounded great. She has so much potential and am excited to watch her grow as an artist.

irthesteve likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Didn’t make it in time to see her last night, but I am very excited to see her at Lolla. This album is really great and gets stuck in my head a lot. Glad to hear she’s good live as well

ItsAndrew likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I also saw her at Lincoln Hall last year and she was phenomenal then as well. I got to talk to her afterwards at Lincoln Hall and she is just the sweetest.

I'm still debating on whether I want to go to Lolla or not (I'll probably end up doing one or two days or something), but I hope she has a great turnout for her festival set!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I didn’t know about her until this tour got announced so it’s been a nice surprise. I will for sure be there so I’ll report back if you don’t make it!

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have a ticket for her solo tour, but I think it's in October or something far away

7. zmtr

Trusted

Seeing her open for FJM and Jason Isbell tonight. Never checked out the whole album. Gonna do that now.

8. zmtr

Trusted

Welp this owns....

9. This album is great. Get No Joy, Love Has All Been Done Before, and If I Die are my favorites.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This just keeps getting better

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

She was so fucking good on Monday. Her voice absolutely soared throughout the fox theater.

irthesteve and wisdomfordebris like this.
  12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Chances of me getting to the show on time to see her open tomorrow are slim but, here’s to hoping!

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I am seeing her three times on Saturday and am beyond excited. I've never seen one artist three times in one day but she's totally worth it.

15. irthesteve

you're going to have to explain this one, haha

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She's playing Lollapalooza and I originally just bought a ticket to her aftershow at a small venue that sold out in a few hours, but then bought a ticket to the festival to see her festival set. She's also playing a few hours after her festival set at something called the "Toyota Music Den" inside Lollapalooza which is just another set but in a smaller, intimate setting (basically a tent).

When I found out I could see her not once, but two additional times along with the aftershow, I grabbed a ticket.

zmtr likes this.
  17. irthesteve

That's pretty amazing, I'm going to want a full rundown of how each set differs after you go!!! Have fun :-)

ItsAndrew likes this.
  18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I will! After Saturday, I will have seen her a total of five times (three if you count Saturday all as one day). She's become one of my favorites within a little less than a year.

irthesteve likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She was great at set 1/3 I’m seeing her at today. She’s been playing a new song (I think it’s called Honeymoon) that sounds really good, so it looks like she’s already writing for her next album!

irthesteve likes this.
  20. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Yeah she played that song in Philly last month, too.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

She is just such a joy to watch live. I got the setlist for the second set of hers I saw today. I got front row and it was wonderful!

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Here is the new song Honeymoon!

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah. Already working on LP2.

mattfreaksmeout, irthesteve and Joe like this.
  24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm excited to see where she goes, she's still got so much potential to go even further than her already great debut.

irthesteve likes this.
  25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Me too! Semi off-topic, but are you going to her show at Thalia Hall in October? @maryp1603 and I will be there and I figured you might as well.