Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jack White - Boarding House Reach (2018?) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Matt Chylak, Dec 16, 2017.

1. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

i need to hear this ASAP. Digging all the songs thus far released.

2. jordanjohnson09

Regular

looks like it's out on spotify

3. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

yea listened to it twice today already there. still not sure how I would rank it yet.

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It's different than anything he's done, more experimental, there aren't any huge singles. I'm not sure what people want Jack White to be in 2018, but this album was perfectly fine on my first listen.

coleslawed and NJPunkMusic like this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This feels like Jack White making a Frank Zappa album. Some is very good, some is some of my least favorite material he's done. It'll take some time to really form an opinion on.

nl5011 and tucah like this.
  6. Pitchfork destroyed it, too.

I don't really understand the hate it's receiving.

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Their sentiment that this devoid of fun and joy is just plain wrong. Did they skip “corporation”?

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

9. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

this reminds me of primal scream/jon spencer blues explosion in a good way

coleslawed likes this.
  10. abw123

Trusted

I found it mostly terrible. So messy, are these even songs, half of them???

I like all his previous stuff including the side projects.........this is not for me.

11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

This album is bad. And, like, 80s Neil Young weird.

I usually don't agree with p4k, but it really doesn't sound like he's enjoying himself on this record at all. It's so get-off-my-lawn.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

AWESOME. There are more videos too.

13. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

The album is all over the place but I actually enjoy it. I'm not a huge Jack White fan either; there are songs I love and songs I dislike on all of his solo and White Stripes albums.

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I mean, "Entitlement" from his last album was pretty get-off-my-lawn, it's really just who he's always been.

Interesting that you don't think he's enjoying himself, sounds to me like he's loosening up and exploring new directions, as always, I guess it comes down to taste.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That’s how I feel. I also think the last half of the album is super strong. Throw Ice Station Zebra in there too.

16. zmtr

Trusted

Hey! Trans is a masterpiece!!

17. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Haven't gotten to it. I do know some people love it. But nobody can say it wasn't one weird-ass turn. Haha

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

didn't see this posted yet

19. I fucking love this record

20. irthesteve

Holy shit you all weren't kidding, this album is OUT THERE. Gonna need more listens to dig in, but definitely liked it on first listen. This album actually sounds like his live show, or at least the show I saw, super out there and weird

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I love this album. Its definitely a multi-listen album to really see whats going on. I got the vault package and damn is it sexy looking.

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

I need to give this another listen. First go at it I only enjoyed Over and Over and Over and Ice Station Zebra.

I've been finding it so interesting how theres been no middle ground for the reviews. It's either getting trashed or getting highly praised. Makes me excited to give it a few more spins and see if I'll change my opinion.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  23. irthesteve

"Abulia and Akrasia" surely is..... something

24. I’m liking this.