Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jack Barakat of All Time Low Opening Bar in LA

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mackenzie Hall, writing for Alt Press, talks with Jack Barakat of All Time Low about opening his new bar, The Riff, in LA.

I mean, I’m pretty biased to the pop punk, pop rock genre. My [birthday] playlist, I’m doing Green Day, Blink-182, Jimmy Eat World, Good Charlotte, you know the stuff I grew up on. But, the coolest thing about The Riff is that we’re going to play Muse, we’re going to play harder rock, we’re going to play hip-hop. It’s really going to be all over the place, and it’s not going to be a club. There are a lot of clubs in LA, where it’s all about who you know to get in and you’re standing on a table to buy a bottle. We just want a whiskey-inspired bar. There’s no cliques, there’s no anyone kind of looking down on you. It’s just going to be very kind of chill spot.

2. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I know All Time Low is pretty big but I didn't know they made enough money for that.

3. Jacob Davidson

Regular

It doesn't look like he knows what kind of bar he wants it to be.

4. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Opening a bar doesn't have to be expensive. He probably has other people investing in the bars success based off his association with it. Depending on how many investors and how much they're investing, he might not have spent any of his own dough.

5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Yeah, I don't have a clue how opening a bar works. Just seems it would be expensive.

6. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I'd check it out… I hope the drinks have catchy names based on pop punk bands.

7. thatwasamoment

Since '06

Angels & Kings redux

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  8. bruinrk

This is going to be in a nice spot in hollywood...2 blocks from Hollywood and Highland. Heavily trafficked area..will definitely check this out

9. ARo24

Regular

Kinda what came to mind as well. Good luck to him.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  10. transrebel59

Regular

I'll give this 18 months before it closes.

HueyLewis likes this.
  11. bruinrk

i dont think so.. Its a good spot in Hollywood and we don't really have this kind of vibe out here. Should do well

12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I thought they had a bar in baltimore? no?

13. I know that venue. I feel like there used to a different venue there and I could have sworn I saw This Century play it back in '09.