Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Jack Antonoff Named Artist in Residence

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jack Antonoff has been named the artist-in-residence at NYU’s Clive Davis Institute of Recorded Music

Antonoff will kick off his residency with a 90 minute, in-depth Q&A conversation on Friday September 10 at 12:00 p.m. ET, moderated by Jason King, Chair of the Clive Davis Institute and PAM (Producers Against Misogyny) founders and Recorded Music students Lily Amiclo and Stella Smyth. PAM is an organization created to address inequities caused by misogyny in music and to offer educational opportunities in production that foreground people who often fall to the margin in this setting.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. sowrongitsryan

Regular

Crazy to see what this guy has accomplished after singing in an obscure (but great) drive thru band. Who called him outperforming the rest of the “scene” 15 years ago?

3. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Trying to think of bands or artists with sustained commercial success from the “scene”

Jack
    Fall Out Boy
    Panic
    Paramore
    Sonny/Skrillex

4. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Jack continues to blow me away with his success. Never once did I think I’d see him have such an incredible career after Steel Train.

5. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

One day Dave Melillo will finally release his album and eclipse ALL of them.

6. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

As we sit at this table with our hands in our lapssss

Ryan and marceting like this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Dan Nigro if he counts as the scene

Crisp X and elphshelf like this.
  8. Andrew McMahon

9. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

That EP. PURE FIRE