Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

J. Cole - The Off-Season (May 14, 2021) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by tdlyon, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

and they were wrong then too!!!!!!!

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There are hidden features

21 Savage, Lil Baby and Bas rap and there's appearances from others on vocals and interludes
    Gonna listen to this in a few

3. soggytime

Trusted

Most I've enjoyed Cole since 2014. Good project!

jlinitz likes this.
  5. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

I'm constantly underwhelmed by him tbh. was really into him in college and then each project has a line like this and I just roll my eyes and get turned off by it. not to mention the weird noname diss track last year, not into it

Immortal1001 likes this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This feels like his least fully formed project ever, but he definitely raps his ass off the whole time. Definitely feels more like it's leading into something bigger, which it is, than a full-fledged project. I guess in that facet it works well as a followup to the Come Up/The Warm Up/Friday Night Lights. Happy that he's open to using features and outside producers again, (21 Savage's verse is great), and again his rapping is just getting better as he gets older. Excited to see where he goes with The Fall Off

7. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I’m digging this. His music hits a hyper specific spot for me that no other rappers consistently get close to. Not sure what that means.

My favorites off three listens are “pride is the devil” and “let go my hand”.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Morray is on this!

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Mentioned this in the hip-hop thread but I've tried getting into J. Cole so many times over the course of the past 10 years, and he just never did it for me, but I'm really enjoying this album.

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

JBoch likes this.
  13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

14. Serh Apr 4, 2024
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2024)
    Serh