Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

iTunes for Windows Being Replaced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Andrew Cunningham, writing at Ars:

Today, as part of a new Windows 11 preview build for Windows Insiders, Microsoft has announced that previews of new Apple Music, Apple TV, and Apple Devices apps are available in the Microsoft Store for download.

The Apple Music and Apple TV apps handle iTunes’ music and video functionality, just as they do on macOS, and provide access to the Apple Music and Apple TV+ subscription services. The Apple Devices app is what you’ll use to make local device backups, perform emergency software updates, sync local media, and the other things you can do with an iDevice that’s plugged into your PC (in macOS, similar functionality was added to the Finder, rather than being broken out into its own app).

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. joenicorata

Newbie Supporter

This makes much sense structurally. Music and TV generate revenue for Apple, but I am happily surprised they are still allowing you to manage your devices from Windows. Boot Camp was eliminated for architectural reasons on the M1 and M2 with no Apple branded replacement, Safari was killed on Windows years ago, etc..

3. pbueddi

Trusted

I am still running mojave on my macbook in order to keep the standalone itunes app. I hate what they had done integrating it into finder. Such a pain to use for some things.

copey, CMilliken and Hugo G. like this.
  4. Rustash

Thing-doer

I really hope these new apps work properly, because I've only ever had problems with iTunes on Windows.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  5. almightykingdom

post RADICAL

This is a welcomed update for me, since my company only uses Windows. The Apple Music web browser player was fine but this is a better option.