Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX) TV Show • Page 71

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Haven't watched the latest ep yet, but to me this season's been pretty great so far. I like that they've been trying new things the last few seasons, and experimenting with the format a bit. While not always on the mark, at least it's fresh.

Also why is everyone hating on 'Frank's Brother'? Obviously it's low on the list of eps, but I rate 'A Cricket's Tale' as a farrrrrr worse ep.

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Feel the same about both of those points. My main gripe with the newer seasons is when they rely too heavily on callbacks for the entire premise of the episode. Like "The Gang Recycles Their Trash" was a cool premise because it was novel at the time, but then episodes like this one and "Frank Falls Out the Window" I could do without.

But yeah, I definitely liked "Frank's Brother" better than "A Cricket's Tale". I said that before and discovered that it is not a popular opinion.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  3. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Yeah, when a show starts using 'fan service' tactics it can get a bit shitty. Luckily this show has strayed from it well, but has gotten close a few times.

4. broken22

(:

I watched the past two episodes tonight, honestly they both lost my attention.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Thought Ep6 was quite good. Love the gang just being the gang all together not being able to figure anything out.

Also love when episodes have an overarching, but subtle add-on in-joke/theme. Eg. The Jimmy Buffet, tropical vibe.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Yeah the heavy reliance on callbacks can be incredibly grating and take me out of the show when it's done poorly. It's a tough balance, since some running jokes are high points of the series (even then they have to be referenced in a way that doesn't feel phoned in, though). But there have been eps scattered throughout everything from around S6/S7 onward that really fell victim to that.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  7. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Just watched Ep7. Not bad, not really any rewatch value unless you're marathoning.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The latest episode was half of a great episode. The scene with Frank's legs had me dying. Its a shame they only wrote half an episode.

9. abw123

Trusted

Frank's Brother is the only unwatchable, unfunny, unredeemable episode in the entire run.

EASheartsVinyl and stayillogical like this.
  10. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

The real question is did they sneak a Superman into the Seinfeld scene?

riotspray likes this.
  11. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

upload_2018-10-19_23-54-41.jpeg

12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Unwatchable is the best description. It seriously took me several years to finish it so I fell behind on the show. Every time I went back to where I left off, I'd turn it off instead of just skipping the episode. I was stuck for quite awhile.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

See, I don’t get that... I mean, I agree it’s in the very bottom tier of Sunny episodes but it still gets more laughs out of me than a handful of some episodes out of the recent seasons. “A Cricket’s Tale”, this latest episode and the season premiere, and “Frank Falls Out the Window” being examples. No episodes are unwatchable but some of them are a little forgettable for me.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've said it before but Cricket's Tale is worse than Frank's Brother, easily imo. Absolutely screams "filler", at least Frank's Brother had noticeable effort put into it

FrenzalRob likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I think it's a toss up between Cricket's Tale and Frank's Brother. Both are pretty equally bad

TEGCRocco likes this.
  16. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Cricket's Tale and Frank's Brother are the only ones I can't bring myself to watch again.

17. thesollopsist

Pro Sleeper Prestigious

Frank's Brother and Who Pooped the Bed for me

18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

There’s something just incredibly cruel about Frank’s Brother that isn’t present in any other episode for me.

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Season 7 definitely has the highest cruel factor

20. RyanPm40

Any Artemis episode is a good episode.

21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Pretty clever episode by the end, started a bit sore with the actual clips but I love where it went

22. shea

RIP Supporter

wakaflockajamez and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

This is my first Armchair Expert listen. Dax is pretty fucking weird, tbh

wakaflockajamez and shea like this.
  24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Thought the latest was really creative but didn't have very many LOL moments for me.

angrycandy likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

Love the guy, but yeah he's a very weird dude at times lol.

I definitely have to check this one out! But holy shit, 2.5 hours long? I rarely have the attention span for a 1.5 hour movie haha