Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX) TV Show • Page 70

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

this thread has been LIT, you must not be listening in the right places :-)

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Anybody watch the new one tonight?

Just started it

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Minus the Seinfeld bit, I wasn’t really into this one at all.

4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I feel like they should have leaned more into the fake memories instead of starting off as just a legit clip show, but enjoyed it otherwise. Felt similar to the Community episode where they had a clip show of episodes that never happened

5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it was alright. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I get that they had to show real clips at first to establish the premise but I think there were too many. Definitely not a great episode but I still laughed so it's cool

Kaitlin's Elaine was spot on though

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I will never not laugh at Charlie yelling at Santa Claus

JaytotheGee, T.K. and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. abw123

Trusted

Agree, should have been done with the actual clips in the first 5 minutes......felt like a lazy episode to me. I enjoyed the Seinfeld part greatly.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

A lot of this season has felt a bit lazy to me. I get that Glenn is busy with AP Bio and Charlie and Rob are starting that new show, but the writing style just seems different to me.

The last two episodes have borrowed very similar concepts from Community, and the characters themselves have seemed more subdued, aside from the Time's Up episode which I still think is miles above the rest of this season and an instant classic.

This is probably the worst season this show has ever done imo. I still replay 11 and 12 frequently, too.

10. RyanPm40

^^ I realize I'm probably gonna get some shit from folks for saying that, but screw it, that's just how I feel lol. Even my gf who is also a huge fan has been scrolling through her phone when we've been watching new episodes this season.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I haven’t even seen this yet but there’s no way it’s worse than Frank’s Brother.

12. RyanPm40

Oh yeah Frank's Brother is still the worst episode by far and I still enjoyed this one more than last week. Just talking about the entire season as a whole

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh I read that wrong, I thought you were saying this one in particular. I’ll need to see the full season to figure out where to rank it. It’s so hard when every season has some amazing episodes.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Agreed, but I feel like there's been a trend in that direction for at least the last 2-3 seasons, if not longer.

15. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This felt like they were just doing a regular clip show but were trying to disguise it so they wouldn’t get called out for doing a clip show

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Your Milkshake Oct 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 18, 2018)
    Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

season 7 had mostly epsides that sucked alot to me

then they came back with season 8 which is an all time goat

theyve done it more than once even

season 10 was weak and seasons 11 and 12 were pretty great with very high highs

still havent been able to see any of this season yet

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I thought this was fine, got some laughs. Charlie talking to the other Charlie was a highlight

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Pretty weak episode overall, wish they would have played out the Seinfeld bit more

19. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't see the last episode because I'm watching the new season with a friend, but we watched the previous two and thought they were excellent. Super funny, and maybe it was the bottle of wine doing most of the talking but I thought they were hilarious

JRGComedy likes this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The previous three episodes have been by far the best of the season

21. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed, minus the clip one as I haven't seen it. Also oh my god your avatar hahahaha

JRGComedy likes this.
  22. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

It was an okay episode. This season's had some pretty low moments and some really high ones.

23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, this was fine. The beginning was a little slow but the Seinfeld bit and the reality distortion were fun.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

dude, long leg frank was HYSTERICAL to me.

Matt and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, agree with some of the comments here. The normal clips ate up so much of the beginning when they could have actually gotten a decent episode out of the reality-bending premise.

Don't get me wrong, I still love a ton of the newer episodes, but this season in particular has kind of felt like they needed to pump it out really quickly. Especially the last two (even though the bathroom one was still pretty damn funny), it seems like they were desperate for ideas they could knock out in one quick shooting session at one location. In the past when they've done bottle episodes ("The Gang Gets Quarantined" and "The Gang Goes to Hell Part 2"), they at least had a really funny premise and plenty of new jokes. I suppose that's kind of the nature of clip show episodes but still.

RyanPm40 likes this.