Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX) TV Show • Page 126

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

Oh holy fuck, Mac Finds His Pride

2. Importer/Exporter

How did this show do that

3. Importer/Exporter

They waited 13 seasons (and half that episode) to do something sincere and wow. Legit made me cry on a Friday morning.

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I think the 9 episodes preceding it definitely make it feel all the more necessary too

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I appreciate what they were trying to do with that episode but I honestly don't really like it. It feels entirely out of place in the show, but in a way that doesn't really work for me personally

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hearing Sigur Ros start playing hit me HARD

7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

finally finished s10 today. really good stuff but not quite on par with 9, which is definitely a top 3 season unless one of the coming ones tops it

The Gang Group Dates, Misses the Boat and Charlie Work were def the big highlights. the latter actually has me pretty excited for some more high-concept stuff, especially after a (for this show lol) more lowkey season

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

You def named the best three season 10 episodes. Group Dates is so funny, I always lose my shit when Frank's cock ring slides off and you hear it hit the floor.

9. Rowan5215

"oh it's.. just a cock ring from all my former lovers"
    "kinda small isn't it?"
    "well, it's my dad's"

one if the funniest exchanges in 10 seasons of great comedy

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I also wanna pour one out for Frank Retires. That sort of specific body horror definitely isn't for everybody, but I've always had a soft spot for that episode

Furry Werthers and Rowan5215 like this.
  11. Rowan5215

that was the best outside of the 3 I mentioned for sure. the reference to DeVito's Penguin in Batman Returns was fantastic

also I said a couple seasons back that I'd seen every big meme based off this show, but nope! 10 seasons in and I'm still seeing some, like Mac's "I'm playing both sides so I always come out on top" in that episode. just insane how fresh and relevant this show has stayed over the years lmao

JRGComedy and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Oh for sure! Dennis's rants in Misses the Boat and the upcoming Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs are two memes I see a lot as well

chewbacca110 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

AC3102C3-D4CB-4B28-A0C5-92E5538972CE.png

lol this is my state's attitude for sure

chewbacca110 and JRGComedy like this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Dennis at the end of misses the boat is top tier

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This thread convinced me to do another rewatch of this show. haha. Man, there are so many great little moments in the first 4 or 5 seasons that I totally forgot about.

I lost it during Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life whenever Mac has the bald cap on, and says "You know I have a full head of hair? Not like this guy" and slaps the top of Frank's head.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just remembered on this rewatch that this guy actually appears in Season 4 in Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack as the HR Director that hires Mac and Charlie. haha. Although I think he's supposed to be a different character entirely.

trevorshmevor and JRGComedy like this.
  17. Rowan5215

Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs is an all-timer lmfao

glad that one lived up, honestly the rest of the season so far hasn't been doing much for me at all. very slow start

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I love The Gang Hits the Slopes, but I know mileage can vary with that one

19. Rowan5215

wasn't a big fan of the plot, felt forced but Glenn made the episode single-handedly with his sheer commitment to the bit. dude is amazing

also, respect the ambition it took to do Being Frank but it was hard to watch after a few minutes lol. the last scene with Charlie was actually surprisingly sweet tho

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Doing a rewatch right now as well because I haven't seen some of these episodes in over ten years. I remember hating "Who Pooped The Bed?" when I originally watched it but Artemis is so fucking funny in this

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just watched that one last night. Her overconfidence in telling that whole theory was so funny just for Frank to say, "Nah, I did 'em". And then of course Charlie at the end kills me "But seriously dude, don't poop in our bed again."

chewbacca110, waking season and Matt like this.
  22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is probably how you'll feel moving forward, to be honest, but I'll let you decide for yourself.

I feel like this is generally how the show goes from this point on: The thematic episodes can be hit or miss (you either love them or hate them). Then you'll have a dud or two that relies too heavily on callbacks....then out of nowhere you'll get a fantastic episode that can hang with the show in its prime. Definitely not as solid as the earlier seasons, but they are still very enjoyable.

Rowan5215 and waking season like this.
  23. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

Ditto this. I love some of the weirdly thematic ones (Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer was hilarious to me) but it’s spotty from here on.

24. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Speaking of Dennis being a murderer, have y’all seen this brilliant edit? :crylaugh:

Rowan5215 likes this.
  25. Rowan5215

that was definitely the weakest season I've seen. as far as whether it's because the show itself is in a new hit-and-miss era or just a lesser batch of episodes this time around, I don't know honestly. every time I think I prefer Old Sunny or New, there's an excellent episode in either mould which changes my mind lmao

even at its weakest this show is just so watchable and it's just down to the insane chemistry of the cast. apart from the obvious, The Gang Goes to Hell was a really good one, and Charlie Catches the Leprechaun is the second episode of this show that's been dark to the point of making me actively uncomfortable, so that also gets points