Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX) TV Show • Page 125

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yeah that was a killer season. only stinker was The Gang Saves the Day but everything else made up for it. shocked how good the Benioff/Weiss episode was lmao

2. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've grown quite weary

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: wheerrry lmao

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The Flowers for Charlie episode was interesting because it aired back-to-back with an episode of The League that was also doing a Flowers for Algernon parody the same night.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Rowan5215

Dennis' reaction to this had me wheezing lmao

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Excited for your thoughts on season 10! There's some excellent episodes mixed with what I think marks the beginning of some late-period filler

Rowan5215 likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

I think the mix of new and old Sunny this season was perfect, I hope that keeps up. I enjoy the self-referential humour a bit more when it's subtler (like the Thundergun director's cut) rather than being the entire focus of an episode like Lethal Weapon 6, which was still entertaining as hell

have to say my clear favourite of the whole season was The Gang Gets Quarantined though. you could probably slide that one right into the first five seasons and it wouldn't feel off

coleslawed and JRGComedy like this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

The Gang Gets Quarantined is a stone-cold classic. I also love The Gang Broke Dee, which up to that point was maybe the meanest thing they'd done to a character, and that's saying something!

RyanPm40, Mr. Serotonin and Rowan5215 like this.
  9. Rowan5215

that one was a great showcase for just how funny Kaitlin is

gotta say tho, this was definitely Frank's season. the hard cut to him stuck in the coil, flushing Country Mac's ashes down the toilet, the hand sanitiser bit. oh and "SO ANYWAY I STARTED BLASTIN'"! just topnotch DeVito material in every episode

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Damn, you're right, those are all Frank classics

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

One of the most underrated parts of the "quarantine" episode is when Dennis finally starts to admit that something's wrong with him.

Dennis: Hey, guys? I think I might be coming down with something too.
    Charlie: Are you kidding me, dude? Like, I think you're gonna die.

The way Charlie is so annoyed and doesn't even feel like humoring him just kills me every single time.

12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

[​IMG]

13. PolarBlare

Regular Supporter

I rewatched this episode recently and had forgotten about that, and I was dying

14. Rowan5215

Charlie Work is one of the most anxiety inducing episodes of television I've ever seen jfc

15. Importer/Exporter

he’ll live forever in the sound of broken glass Supporter

On season 12 rn, so far it’s my least favorite season of the series. Too conceptual compared to the rest of the show, kind of jarring. Still funny though!

16. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

What :verysad:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. Importer/Exporter

Okay I’m enjoying it more as it goes along

18. Rowan5215

damn I thought I watched fast!

The Gang Misses the Boat was top-tier for me, the exact kind of episode I was hoping this show would do. so good

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Great episode!!

20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Charlie Work is excellent.

21. Importer/Exporter

Beginning in S13, Dennis Dee and Mac all look way too good. Takes me out of it. Charlie looks normal.

angrycandy likes this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

All I'll say is that S13 is very easily the weakest season of the show but S14 is right back up again

JRGComedy and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I completely agree

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I mostly felt this way too, although I have to be honest, I've only watched S14 one time as it aired. I definitely remember thinking it was a step up from S13 though (outside of Time's Up and New Wheels).

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

S14 doesn't have anything as good as Time's Up or New Wheels, but is more consistent than S13, IMO