Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FXX) TV Show • Page 118

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've never gotten the hate for Liberty Bell, it's the weakest of the incredible S4 but it's not bad by any means. I really believe A Cricket's Tale deserves to be hated in its place

soggytime likes this.
  2. soggytime

Trusted

First episode I ever saw was "Charlie Gets Crippled", sometime around the week it first aired in 2006. It was one of those late night flipping thru the channels situations and for some reason stopped on FX to see what was going on. I've been hooked ever since - and convinced all my friends this show was great. Bought the first 5 seasons on DVD as they released as well.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. shea

RIP Supporter

Saw the last half of ...Dances Their Asses Off late one night and thought it was hilarious. Made a note of what time and day it was and tried to watch it the following week not realizing it was the season 3 finale haha. Caught up over that break and haven’t missed an episode since.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

DarkHotline and RyanPm40 like this.
  5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention is an all-timer. My favorite episode.

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah that’s a top ten of all time, maybe even top five

waking season likes this.
  7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Fucking nightcrawlers

8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

“What it sounds like is that you two crawl around around like worms in the night. That’s what it sounds like.”

“....this is not about you.”

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Frank bursting into the bar with his gun out thinking there's a fire is one of the most underrated jokes in the show

10. So I've never seen this show and I've started watching this show and I'm 3 episodes into this show and it's good.

11. shea

RIP Supporter

Just wait.

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

You haven't even seen what the show has to offer until Frank comes lol

Let us know your thoughts as you go if you feel like it, I love reading first impressions

13. I watched Charlie Gets Cancer last night too and I love the chaotic energy the show has, it's extremely my speed. I've also been told a bunch of stuff from the early days hasn't aged well like pretty blatant transphobia and blackface depictions but they seem to have learned from it, per a friend who's up to date on the show.

tdlyon, RyanPm40 and waking season like this.
  14. Anthony_

You're not going to see the blackface stuff unless you seek it out separately because they took those episodes down from all streaming services.

Also with the trans stuff, you'll see that the show is actually pretty explicit in making the point that it's the gang who are the ones being weird and backwards in how they view both trans people and and relationships between trans people and cis people. The storyline that happens between Mac and the trans character pretty much never makes jokes at the expense of the trans character, it's always Mac or the other main characters that are wrong and bigoted in their beliefs and how they speak about trans people. They do use slurs like "tr*nny" which is definitely regrettable, but again it's always the characters whose viewpoints are wrong and being criticized that use the word. The show never endorses or adopts those viewpoints, it actively attacks them and points out how they wrong.

Also Glenn Howerton said this in 2018:

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and Carrow like this.
  15. Yeah I'm aware that the blackface episodes aren't on streaming services, was told that last night.

Thanks for that, good to know - was told their viewpoints have evolved since season 6 but haven't seen it come up yet. I'll see where the first season leads!

waking season and Anthony_ like this.
  16. Just met Frank in Charlie Gets Crippled and I love him already.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

New Charlie Funko in addition to the other Nightman Cometh ones they announced a while back

JaytotheGee likes this.
  18. shea

RIP Supporter

Need that sideshow Bob

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Dennis saying he's "rocking the FDR look" when he's in the wheelchair with the blanket over his legs gets me every time

Anthony_ and Carrow like this.
  20. Yeah that was one of those moments where I was like, 'yeah, this is getting really good', and then I get to Dennis and Dee Go on Welfare and HOLY SHIT. Hell of an episode that is, and I've been told that it's from that point specifically the show takes off. Can't wait to see what the rest of season 2 is like.

also I'm keeping an eye out for Frank saying the thing.

[​IMG]

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah Welfare is the first GREAT episode of the show imo

And you've got a while to go before that quote lol

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I might need to start a complete rewatch soon. I used to do those pretty regularly back in the day, but I honestly haven't gone through and watched seasons 10-14 as a whole again since any of them came out. I've definitely replayed my favorites over and over again, but I don't know. Could be that I really just didn't enjoy them as much or maybe I just burned myself out.

23. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah the gang are anti-hero’s they are not supposed to be role models haha. That’s why the show can get away with pretty much anything. It’s shining light on how ridiculously wrong and misguided people can be

Carrow likes this.
  24. Anthony_

Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare is probably my favorite overall episode of the show still to this day. It’s the perfect encapsulation of everything this show is all in one half hour. Brilliant stuff.

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Easy top five, it never once lose momentum or energy. Plus the wine in the can gag is brilliant.

RyanPm40 and waking season like this.