Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It (Muschietti, 2017) Movie • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Holding out hope Chris Pratt is cast as Ben

2. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I still think they’re gonna switch Stanley’s Book role with someone else in Part II

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I hope not. They laid the groundwork that Stan was the most terrified of Pennywise since he was actually attacked.

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Yeah that’d be weak

5. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Rewatched part one with my grandma last weekend after FINALLY finishing the book. I don't love some of the changes they made, but it is still such a warm movie. I hope that part two can pull off that feeling.

Also, I would be extra mad if they swapped out Stan's role. It wouldn't make any sense. And I'm still not happy about giving basically all of Mike's role to Ben.

EASheartsVinyl and theagentcoma like this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The only bad part of these casting news articles is that it means they haven’t begun filming yet. This is probably another year, and a half away. Unless they have started, but just now announcing the roles.

7. Sal Paradise

Trusted

It has a release date of September 9th 2019

Cameron likes this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh I didn’t realize it had a date. Thanks

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

I figured the sequel would get a summer or Halloween release date but I guess sticking to the post-labor day formula with little competition will work again

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They could have filmed stuff with the kids already

11. chewbacca110

I think they're going with some lesser-rnames to afford the potential bigger ones (Chastain, Hader, McAvoy).

12. chewbacca110

I wonder who they are going to cast as Tom, Beverly's abusive boyfriend in Chicago.

13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Luke Evans comes to mind

airik625 and I Am Mick like this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Am I having a stroke. This is the weirdest news.

I adored part one except I’m in absolute agreement about how they ruined Mike’s story. So much of the group dynamic was nailed with the kids and I am terrified that the adults won’t feel right. None of these casting choices are exciting me.

It is actually my favorite book, so any adaptation makes me happy as well as worried. I still wish we could get a mini series on HBO or Netflix and do every detail. The full interludes especially need to be done some justice.

16. Night Channels

Trusted

Bill Hader as Richie is a perfect casting choice.

Vivatoto and Zilla like this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Forgot about him. That’s the only one that I’m ok with, except I really wanted Seth Green to up the meta and do it. Everything else is kind of a letdown after getting that thought in my head.

I also really wanted Amy Adams for Bev and Chastain for Audra, so that was a bummer to be so close but so far.

Michael Shannon as Ben was the only pipe dream I had for the rest. Bill is the one I have the hardest time coming up with anyone I really want.

18. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Are all of these casting announcements actually official? I've seen tons of articles like "BILL HADER TO STAR IN it CHAPTER 2" and then the first line is "the actor is IN TALKS to star."

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

The off-kilter casting choices indicate to me that that they’re giving a lot of thought to how the group will act as a group. Like, seeing a casting announcement and saying “that person is perfect for that role!” is tough because we don’t know what they’ll be like with the other characters. I have a lot of faith.

But agreed, Seth Green would have been incredible.

chewbacca110 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

PAUL BUNYAN

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Spoilers

23. brentkid

Regular

Stoked.