Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

It Comes At Night (Shults, June 9th, 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Dog with a Blog

Definitely marketed incorrectly. Hell, if I had only seen the first trailer I would have thought it was a ghost story. With that said, I enjoyed this a fair amount. Not a horror movie though. I'd liken it to The Road.

suicidesaints likes this.
  2. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Some old guy in our theater was super bummed this wasn't the horror movie he expected. At one point he very loudly goes, "It's got to get scary one of these days!" then kind of looked around waiting for a response.

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah I didn't care for this too much. There didn't really seem to be a point or motive to the film. Not only was it not very scary, but I didn't even think it was that suspenseful. I kept thinking they were going touch back on Will and his family not being who they said they were. Also I felt at some point we were going to see whatever was supposed to come at night. Did anything get a hold of the dog? I don't think anyone in my theater actually believed it was over when it ended.

a nice person likes this.
  4. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I hate when a movie is over and it feels abrupt, so you can hear everyone murmuring, "That was stupid." You just feel the dissatisfaction in the room. It brings you down even more.

I thought it was okay. It just feels like this has been done before, and I agree about the bad title.

Night Channels and airik625 like this.
  5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I mean, I haven't seen the movie yet, but the title is awesome

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

The cinemascore was a D. Damn that's low

But that excites me more

7. airik625

Yeah it sounds cool and spooky, but that's about the only purpose it serves.

8. Night Channels

Trusted

Technically, the disease came at night...and that's what It was.

9. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I don't think I even want to watch this now...at least not in theaters

was not expecting such negative responses :tear:

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Ok, that makes sense considering they wore the masks at night but not during the day. Now I'm reminded of The Happening. Still hate this, needed more exposition or action.

11. Night Channels

Trusted

no, man...what?

They wore the masks and gloves during the day too. I meant that Travis' dream finally caused him to actually sleepwalk outside to become infected by the dog. The disease came to them at night.

For anyone else reading this, It Comes at Night is not like The Happening at all. So disregard that please.

12. airik625

I saw them wear masks during the day, too. Pretty much whenever they thought they might come in contact with someone infected. I never heard them say anything about "it" coming at night. But if they did, it would definitely substantiate the title.

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That's enough for me

14. airik625

so it coming at night is only referring to the time of day it came to their family in particular.

15. Night Channels

Trusted

Travis' dreams were very obvious throughout the film. Every time he went to sleep, we knew he was going to be having another nightmare after the first one was shown. In the end, it was shown that he actually opened the door and most likely made contact with the sick dog.

16. Night Channels

Trusted

yes, that's what I'm saying

His dreams/sleep had a large impact on the story. He opened the door when he was sleepwalking. Andrew did not open the door and I actually don't think he was sick either.

airik625 likes this.
  17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

My memory isn't great, but there was a scene in which they're cutting fire wood and they aren't wearing masks.

18. Night Channels

Trusted

Yeah, that happened because there wasn't a threat of infection around.

airik625 likes this.
  19. domotime2

this is fascinating though. I mean the critics are eating this up

20. Night Channels

Trusted

It isn't a bad film by any means. I just didn't like any of the characters.

21. eight30

Regular

I thought Andrew was sick because they kept telling him to keep his eyes closed. I totally missed that Travis' dream was him sleepwalking and opening the door. I just took it that Andrew did open it.
    I didn't hate this as much as everyone else and I'd say it's worth it to watch in the theater.

Night Channels likes this.
  22. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

It is technically well made. I haven't read the positive reviews, but I'd really like to know if people actually thought the story was interesting.

23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

It reminded me of The Village, in a way.

24. domotime2

not the Witch at least?

25. Night Channels

Trusted